Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 01:29 PM

5 posts, read 7,332 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am new to Houston.
I am pregnant and for my ob/gyn checkups, I am planning to go to Dr RICHARD TODD IVEY of Baylor clinic in Texas medical center.

Could someone give me some reviews or inputs on him? Preferably someone who has been his patient.
Does anyone know if he is more inclined towards cesarean or natural birth?
How long past 40 weeks will he allow his patient to go?
Does he use any drugs for inducing...like pitocin?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 02:20 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,444,931 times
While it is still good to get input from other patients, I would start by calling his office and asking him those three questions. Most Ob/gyns are open and honest about their personal preferences.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:37 PM

61 posts, read 122,261 times
I was a patient of Dr. Raine and delivered with the Baylor Clinic. I only saw Dr. Ivey once, but he seemed very professional and put my mind at ease (I was at the hospital with high blood pressure). Dr. Raine was my primary OBGYN, but I ended up seeing 6 or 7 of the doctors.

One thing to keep in mind with the Baylor Clinic is that the doctor you primarily see isn't necessarily the one you will deliver with. They make it pretty clear that you should see other physicians because they have a rotating on-call schedule. For me, this was fine, but it might not be for everyone. Also, keep in mind that Baylor is a medical school. During delivery and your stay at the hospital you will see a lot of residents and can expect them to be involved in your delivery.

One advantage of the Baylor Clinic is that you will deliver at Texas Children's Hospital. I don't think you could be at a better place for your baby in case there are any complications. For what it is worth, I was told by our reproductive endocrinologist that he considered this as important as the actual doctor. I would echo the previous posters comments about calling and asking your questions. From my experience the doctors at the Baylor Clinic are much more inclined toward a natural birth, but that they ultimately do what is best for mother and child. I was told that they wouldn't let me go more than a week past my due date (I'm sure this varies by situation). They also use pitocin for induction because I had this done.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your pregnancy and let me know if you have any other questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: