Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 06:22 AM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times

Advertisements

Customer complaints jump again for United - Houston Chronicle

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 06:41 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Default Too big for its own good

'Shows what happens when costs are the only factor that matter. Customer service was much better with Continental's management. So much for 'not much will change' BS United proclaimed when moving the corporate offices to Chicago. But, it is what it is, nothing we can do about it short of not spending our dollars with them and seeking new FF alliances.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:21 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,172,989 times
Meh, they still fly everwhere I want to go.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Old 09-18-2012, 07:29 AM

391 posts, read 922,763 times
You'd think the more time goes by the better United Airlines would get... seems it's going in the opposite direction...

Old 09-18-2012, 07:34 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,172,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyAusmus View Post
You'd think the more time goes by the better United Airlines would get... seems it's going in the opposite direction...

They're like regional mini-monopolies. They all suck and don't give a $hit, except Southwest, but they're on drugs.

Ronnie

Old 09-18-2012, 08:10 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,791,723 times
Eff* them all airlines. They all going to ****e if you ask me.

Airlines 'playing chicken' with passengers, charging 'you-get-to-sit-with-your-kid' fee - Red Tape

Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Default Air France is the worst...

Most European airlines are especially nice to kids, except Air France. We travel often, and one time we had to fly AF when it was a partner with CO. We were using miles, so we did not pay for the ticket, but they did a plane switcharoo on us and seperated the four of us in Paris, we were connecting to Spain. The ticket agents said the gate agents would fix it, but you guessed it, they had no inclination to do so, but we got it straightened out with the help of some nice passengers.

Interestingly, on another trip on Lufthansa this time, we were in the same situation in upon arriving in Frankfurt, and we were concerned about being able to sit together, but the attendant there told us not to worry, their policy was not to break up families and insisted that another passenger relocate, and that passenger was not very happy. I wanted to offer the other passenger drinks, but Lufthansa already offers free drinks to its passengers.

Lastly, I saw the same situation on a Continental flight domestically and without being asked, I offered to move (I had front a front row isle seat). Later in the flight, the attendant stopped by and thanked me and said I could have free drinks for the duration of the flight.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
but the attendant there told us not to worry, their policy was not to break up families
Well, that sure sounds like an idea

Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,791,723 times
Is really hit and miss with all of them. It boils down to the cabin crew and their dose of common sense. There is no consistently good airline out there and they went to sh*ite after 9/11. Stupid cabin rules and crazy ways to try making more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Most European airlines are especially nice to kids, except Air France. We travel often, and one time we had to fly AF when it was a partner with CO. We were using miles, so we did not pay for the ticket, but they did a plane switcharoo on us and seperated the four of us in Paris, we were connecting to Spain. The ticket agents said the gate agents would fix it, but you guessed it, they had no inclination to do so, but we got it straightened out with the help of some nice passengers.

Interestingly, on another trip on Lufthansa this time, we were in the same situation in upon arriving in Frankfurt, and we were concerned about being able to sit together, but the attendant there told us not to worry, their policy was not to break up families and insisted that another passenger relocate, and that passenger was not very happy. I wanted to offer the other passenger drinks, but Lufthansa already offers free drinks to its passengers.

Lastly, I saw the same situation on a Continental flight domestically and without being asked, I offered to move (I had front a front row isle seat). Later in the flight, the attendant stopped by and thanked me and said I could have free drinks for the duration of the flight.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 PM

391 posts, read 922,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
They're like regional mini-monopolies. They all suck and don't give a $hit, except Southwest, but they're on drugs.

Ronnie
I liked Continental much better! They loved Houston and customer service!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: