Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,614 times

Advertisements

I am totally confused - the base price on the model homes does not include the cost of the lot??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 09:09 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Del Webb communities have a price for the house and a price for the lot. Sweetgrass doesn't even include the fences. You'll pay extra for that as well.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,614 times
Default Del Webb communities

Do you live in Sweetgrass?

Do you know much about the Del Webb community in League City - Village at Tuscan Lakes?

Old 08-28-2014, 09:11 PM

The same homes cost a lot less in tuscan lakes. Tax rate is high, 3.7. Much smaller community. Not as many amenities but still nice. It is a mandatory hurricane evacuation zone being in galveston county. It's off of hwy 96. Looks very nice but as soon as you exit the comminity there are so many apartment complexes everywhere. Too many. I don't live there but had a family member almost buy there but the apartments all over the area bugged them. However the people who live there seem to love it. I think it's that you either are cut out for a 55+ community or your not. She also looked at Bella vita in pearland. You get more for your HOA $$ there. It was the better value. In the end they decided they weren't ready for 55+.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:39 AM

5 posts, read 29,924 times
I live in Sweetgrass we love it. We have been there 2 years. If your on a bit of a budget try finding a home for sale by owner or listed with an agent. I have heard there are deals to be made, you could save thousands!

I will say Sweetgrass has tons of curb appeal compared to Tuscan Lakes. I have a daughter that lives in League City near Kemah. I love going to visit her. It's a different atmosphere. Your living near the coast! Every time there is a Hurricane she comes to stay with us. Your in Galveston County and must carry wind insurance, which is about $2,000.00 a year. The evacuation process is awful. You must leave days before the storm arrives just to avoid the traffic.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:05 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
If you buy in Dell Webb Sweetgrass, make sure you are doing it for the amenities rather than the house itself. You can buy the same/similar models in non-senior neighborhoods for significantly less. The difference is you won't get the amenities that go along with DWS being a senior community and, of course, not all your neighbors will be seniors. Also based on what others have said, Pulte won't nickel and dime quite as much if you purchase the same/similar model in a non-Dell Webb neighborhood.

I recently bought a house in a neighborhood that has houses that start comparable to the ones in DWS. I thought most of the people living around me would be young families in starter homes, but it turned out that most were older, more established couples. While I haven't conducted a poll, my guess is that they bought in my neighborhood rather than in DWS to avoid the additional "premium" costs. Either way, I can't imagine DWS would be any quieter or more peaceful than my regular neighborhood.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassally View Post
I live in Sweetgrass we love it. We have been there 2 years. If your on a bit of a budget try finding a home for sale by owner or listed with an agent. I have heard there are deals to be made, you could save thousands!

I will say Sweetgrass has tons of curb appeal compared to Tuscan Lakes. I have a daughter that lives in League City near Kemah. I love going to visit her. It's a different atmosphere. Your living near the coast! Every time there is a Hurricane she comes to stay with us. Your in Galveston County and must carry wind insurance, which is about $2,000.00 a year. The evacuation process is awful. You must leave days before the storm arrives just to avoid the traffic.
If you love it don't let a hurricane zone dissuade you. It isn't a regular event. But it is an unknown, could have a lot one year or none. I'm a native houstonian who lives on the coastal side of town. I've evacuated one time in my entire life.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,553 times
Can someone give me an estimate of average utility costs for say a 1700sq home? The HOA fee does it include lawn maintenance? The Lackhouse Fee extra? We're coming down in November to take a look from Michigan. What would you recommend on how we should proceed to get a good feel of the community in just a few short hours?
Thanks Tom

Old 10-24-2014, 12:01 AM

1,162 posts, read 1,885,609 times
Anyone contemplating living in this type of community should visit The Villages, Florida, which is northwest of Orlando. There's nothing in the entire U.S. that compares with The Villages. It's a self-contained development that has anything and everything you need. The population is approaching 100,000, and every square inch is landscaped. Litter is non-existent. The last time I visited a couple of years ago, the prices ranged from about $150,000 for "villas" upwards to very high dollars. Seems like there's a price for everyone. I was going to move there because a friend did, but the friend decided he wanted to abandon all his former Texas friends and make all new friends (strange). So I didn't move. But I still may do so eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston