Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 7,505 times

Advertisements

I am relocating from Orlando to Houston and currently searching for a home to lease with the option to purchase. I was searching the web but could not find a good site. Could anyone from the Houston area give me some insight where to look? I am most interested in the Katy (Cinco Ranch) area if the schools are A rated.

Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 11:45 AM

11 posts, read 71,399 times
cincoranch.com and har.com are good places to start looking, although if you want to find a lease with an option to purchase you will probably need to deal with a local realtor that could find that for you. Some of the homes listed to lease may consider an option to purchase, so you could locate a few homes for lease that you like, and then contact the owner or realtor to see if they are interested in that type deal.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:17 PM

43 posts, read 207,100 times
I saw a foreclosure in Cinco and am looking at it in the morning. I never heard of Chesmar homes so I too am leery. I wonder what their warranty policy is as this foreclosure is a 2006 model. I just noticed NO fireplace. Dang. I always want a fireplace for resale and hang Xmas socks from it. That may be the spoiler in buying this forclosure.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:44 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,730,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macymaid View Post
I saw a foreclosure in Cinco and am looking at it in the morning. I never heard of Chesmar homes so I too am leery. I wonder what their warranty policy is as this foreclosure is a 2006 model. I just noticed NO fireplace. Dang. I always want a fireplace for resale and hang Xmas socks from it. That may be the spoiler in buying this forclosure.
It is certainly hard to survive the brutal Houston winters without a fireplace...

Old 03-16-2009, 09:58 AM

551 posts, read 2,725,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macymaid View Post
No builder or realtor/bank/finance company will offer a warranty on a foreclosure. They are specifically sold "AS-IS" condition -- but you usually are allowed to have it inspected, and decide if it is worth the price reduction.

As for Chesmar, I believe I heard someone say the company was founded by executives that left one or more of the much larger, regional companies -- so they do have a long history, just not as Chesmar. Overall, Chesmar seems to be a pretty good company, plus they include a lot of standard items that other companies charge extra for.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:39 AM

The warranty will follow the home regardless of foreclosure. If the home is 3 years old it will still be covered under a 10 year structural warranty. Contact the builder's sales office directly to confirm the remaining warranty and what is covered.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:52 AM

551 posts, read 2,725,361 times
For anyone else interested in Chesmar homes, it looks like they received a, "2008 Production Builder Builder of the Year" award.

Congratulations 2008 Production Builder of the Year, Chesmar Homes

Old 04-18-2009, 01:35 PM

410 posts, read 1,675,645 times
What warranty????

Home Warranty Company Reviews and Ratings | Home Warranty Reviews

If the warranties were as they should be we would not have a need for orgainzations like Homeowners for Better Building and Homeowners Against Deficient Dwellings.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scammed1 View Post
What warranty????

Home Warranty Company Reviews and Ratings | Home Warranty Reviews

If the warranties were as they should be we would not have a need for orgainzations like Homeowners for Better Building and Homeowners Against Deficient Dwellings.
----

New homes in Texas must be warranted by the builder according to state regulations: State Minimum Warranties

This obligation is not affected by foreclosure, the builder warrants the property. Third party warranties are purchased by the builder to provide coverage for the homeowner in the event that the builder is not in business when a defect arises.

Obviously there are times that this process works well, and examples of where it doesn't. To go back to macymaid's original question, a thorough home inspection can discover potential problems before the home is purchased. If there are significant items have them corrected before closing.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 10,633 times
Has anyone purchased a home in Willow Creek Estates in Tomball, TX? The original developer went BK and now Chesmar is the only builder. Would like any feedback anyone may have.
Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston