Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM

81 posts, read 128,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrose227 View Post
I have to say, as a 20 year veteran of SCA, it's not for everyone. I'm personally frustrated by the recent encroachment of the Goth-Fairy-Pirate-etc. contingency into our historically-oriented "Current Middle Ages" and I would not encourage casual "Rennies" to crash SCA events. I'm not an authenticity maven by any means and willing to tolerate sneakers instead of period-accurate shoes with garb, but the point of the SCA was to try to recreate the REAL middle ages; we're not looking to expand the kind of fantasy-oriented aspect I've seen at Ren Faire - that's why there IS Ren Faire, for those who aren't interested, willing or able to make the commitment to SCA that's what makes the organization so special, and the SCA is a haven for those of us who really are trying to be historically accurate.

HAHAHAH ooohhhh yeaahhhh! in fact this year i not only dressed up for halloween, but actually created a character, as a lampoon to those very glam pirate, oakland raiders orc types that somehow think what they do is "renaissance"

Old 11-05-2012, 02:03 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,792,835 times
I think you’re out of touch and paranoid unless you have some verifiable evidence for your claims. This is a PUBLIC forum so I am warranted to tell you this as much as everyone else. Sorry mate, nothing personal. Just calling out the silly bull****

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulksmashpunyhumans View Post
i dont understand where your allegations towards ME come in, but i find your reply to be offensive as hell. if you dont want to take the warning or suggestion, then by all means, you dont have to. all i was doing here was giving fair warning to people about that road, and nothing i recommended is harmful or burdensome in any way. i dont understand where you feel warranted in being antagonistic towards me.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:07 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
Quote:
I have to say, as a 20 year veteran of SCA, it's not for everyone. I'm personally frustrated by the recent encroachment of the Goth-Fairy-Pirate-etc. contingency into our historically-oriented "Current Middle Ages" and I would not encourage casual "Rennies" to crash SCA events. I'm not an authenticity maven by any means and willing to tolerate sneakers instead of period-accurate shoes with garb, but the point of the SCA was to try to recreate the REAL middle ages; we're not looking to expand the kind of fantasy-oriented aspect I've seen at Ren Faire - that's why there IS Ren Faire, for those who aren't interested, willing or able to make the commitment to SCA that's what makes the organization so special, and the SCA is a haven for those of us who really are trying to be historically accurate.
Then perhaps you should take it up with the Ren Festival committee (or whoever puts it on) to not have those "Goth-Fairy-Pirate-etc" themed weekends, since those weekends seem to ruin it for you.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:08 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulksmashpunyhumans View Post
i dont understand where your allegations towards ME come in, but i find your reply to be offensive as hell.
Lighten up Francis! You started an ambiguous "warning" thread but refuse to give details on your particular encounter. Your story does come off a bit paranoid, and until details are provided, has little to no useful value.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
I can see why you would say that. I really would not suggest that anyone crash without joining the SCA. My dd was a member back in Pennsylvania when she was in college and then for a few years after that in various locations.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
I think you’re out of touch and paranoid unless you have some verifiable evidence for your claims. This is a PUBLIC forum so I am warranted to tell you this as much as everyone else. Sorry mate, nothing personal. Just calling out the silly bull****
i'm not here to entertain your idea "verifiable evidence", i just wanted to give fair warning for something that i thought could potentially ruin someone's weekend. i dont know why you have such a problem with that, but you are welcome to ignore the warning if you wish.

other than that this is a public forum, that has rules of civility. although you say it wasnt personal, you still made personal attacks. your hostility is unwarranted, unprovoked, and out of line. i do not personally accept any apology you have to offer, because based on your language, your apology is clearly insincere at best.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 PM

148 posts, read 403,217 times
I went yesterday around 2:30. Took 249 to 1774. Barely saw any cops until I got to the the 249/1774 cross road where cops were directing traffic. I saw no one being pulled over either. I did see a deer splattered to pieces on the way back.

Don't give them a reason to pull you over and you won't have a ruined weekend.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Lighten up Francis! You started an ambiguous "warning" thread but refuse to give details on your particular encounter. Your story does come off a bit paranoid, and until details are provided, has little to no useful value.

well back off dude! i just wanted to give a warning about whats going on out there. there are lots of houstonians who head out that way, so it is relevent on a city data forum. if you dont want to hear it, then you aint got to.

and i didnt say any more, cuz thats not the topic of this thread. i wanted to give a heads up. thats all it is. if i wanted it to be more, then i would have said so. alright?

Old 11-05-2012, 03:13 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I think this thread has served its purpose of sorts...closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: