Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 09:25 PM

644 posts, read 1,346,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Neutral. I'm buying the house and location. However, I would never put one in on purpose. Total pain in the ass. And when it's 95 for three months, the water isn't refreshing...it's a bath.
We were strongly considering a pool, but we'd have to cut down a pecan tree and other trees that drop stuff. I couldn't bear losing any trees and the more I thought of all the work associated with owning a pool, I decided I'd rather just take the kids away for the summer and let them experience different places rather than invest that money in a hole in the ground that would end up costing us money and time in the long run.

But anyway, I agree with you EA, seems like a big pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 09:36 PM

36 posts, read 65,000 times
We have a pool, with all the bells and whistles. The kids are over 5,they never use it, and rather play with friends at clubs.Their world is so much bigger than the backyard, and we are gone most of the summer.

We bought a 90's build in Tanglewood, and we are going to fill the pool in when the remodel is needed in the next few years. I prefer lawn to cement pond anyway.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,818,604 times
It depends if you use it. My parents' house has a pool and they never use it. Pools are expensive to maintain and the pumps that keep the water circulating are electricity hogs.

They've talked about filling it in with dirt and turning it into another flower bed. lol

Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM

8,891 posts, read 19,875,808 times
We won't look at houses with the pool. In the standard small lot tract homes I hate opening the back door and 5 feet from the door is a pool that is essentially the entire yard.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:42 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,756,783 times
Man this thread is annoying. First we had the Houston is too hot crowd a few months back. Now these same folks are against swimming pools! LOL. My mother has a pool and every time I visit I'm in it almost 24/7. No wonder you guys never go outside in the summer. Jeez. Btw guys, a little helpful information for you, swimming is like the best exercise in the world. My mother is 76 and I bet she is in better shape then 95% of the posters on CD Houston. She swims everyday and is in perfect health. You know, a little exercise wouldn't kill ya guys. God knows most of you won't walk at night around your neighborhood if it's over 75 degrees out. You know because of the stifling heat and all. LOL. I'm voting for pool is an asset.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:50 PM

43 posts, read 68,615 times
In West Houston and Katy there are lots of people looking for a home with a pool. The expats come here to work and they have to have a pool. Also helps if you have to rent it later due to be relocated. Rentals with pool are super hot out here in the Energy Corridor. The nice houses with pools are the ones that are flying off the market these days.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:59 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,102,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanaf View Post
In West Houston and Katy there are lots of people looking for a home with a pool. The expats come here to work and they have to have a pool. Also helps if you have to rent it later due to be relocated. Rentals with pool are super hot out here in the Energy Corridor. The nice houses with pools are the ones that are flying off the market these days.
Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: