Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 05:58 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,327,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
As has been stated many times in the past few days, no single law or sets of laws will eliminate evil from the world... but just because an issue is complex, that does not justify inaction.

AWB and high capacity magazine bans would not have prevented the shooting, but it may have greatly reduced the carnage. Perhaps a few more kids would have gotten out of that 2nd classroom while the monster had to reload after 10 shots.
Can't say I disagree. Also can't say I won't make sure to get all the high capacity magazines I can get my hands on as a result!

Old 12-19-2012, 08:13 PM

799 posts, read 2,441,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
As has been stated many times in the past few days, no single law or sets of laws will eliminate evil from the world... but just because an issue is complex, that does not justify inaction.

AWB and high capacity magazine bans would not have prevented the shooting, but it may have greatly reduced the carnage. Perhaps a few more kids would have gotten out of that 2nd classroom while the monster had to reload after 10 shots.
I really dont want to start another never ending argument, but this is flawed logic. He probably would have just carried all four guns available to him, and switched between the theoretically limited four ten round guns until a one to two second opportunity arrived to change mags. Best case scenario, he would have still had thirty rounds available from the three guns.

Also, stopping production now will still leave tens of millions of high cap mags out there. I dont think anyone thinks complete confiscation is possible.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:12 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
closed- lets stop turning this into politics about the tragedy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: