Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,173,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
All I know is I see way more dented and busted up cars than I have ever seen ANYWHERE. Seriously. So many dents in cars and bumpers held up by duct tape in the city of Houston. And the trash bag in the window thing??? Is that because the city of Houston is busted? Do we have too many potholes or what? This place has terrible, irresponsible drivers, with disregard for pedestrians but general safety as well. I constantly see people driving without lights on. The other day I saw someone drive right into a pothole, lights off, while texting. So when everyone's ready to foot the bill for more human traffic violation enforcement or a more comprehensive driving exam, then people will stop supporting red light cameras.
Taxing does not solve any problem. If taxing and punishment solve any problem, we would have a utopia. Just like the term utopia, it is only happening as an idea or imagination.

What we need is education. Encourage and promote safe driving. Instead of telling the driver your insurance is going to go up on bad driving, you should tell them your insurance is going down for good driving. (of course that's not how insurance works due to all red tapes, insurance companies has to raise premium every year regardless if you are a good drivers or not. If they don't do it, they will not able to survive. Thanks to the government)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 09:18 AM

2,271 posts, read 5,146,753 times
What faulty logic. Obviously, taxation can only, at it's core, provide taxation. Therefore it solves the issue of taxation. So, you're wrong. Laws cannot stop people from doing anything, but that doesn't meant mean we should have no laws. Encouraging and promoting safe driving is not free. And even so, how would you encourage people to do so? Monetary incentive or unchosen consequence. So yes, go ahead and blame the government, because that's easier than taking responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston