Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:00 AM

5 posts, read 7,917 times

Advertisements

oh my""" now I am confused and worried - I am possibly moving to Spring Tx and after reading all the replys not sure if I am looking in right places - we just put a contract on a house in 77373 of which nobody has mentioned - I feel as though I am not going to a nice part of the community - the home is older 1979 we we liked all the mature trees - but now I am being told the electric bills are approx $300-500 month? and in one reply someone said Spring was on the decline - I would like to hear from a Spring resident the real deal about the area we have chosen and what the average utilites run for a 1700 sq ft one story home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 11:08 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demesone View Post
oh my""" now I am confused and worried - I am possibly moving to Spring Tx and after reading all the replys not sure if I am looking in right places - we just put a contract on a house in 77373 of which nobody has mentioned - I feel as though I am not going to a nice part of the community - the home is older 1979 we we liked all the mature trees - but now I am being told the electric bills are approx $300-500 month? and in one reply someone said Spring was on the decline - I would like to hear from a Spring resident the real deal about the area we have chosen and what the average utilites run for a 1700 sq ft one story home.
It's fine but not the best. Rule of thumb, when it comes to Spring stay West of 45 and the Hardy Toll unless you can afford Benders Landing or the areas of Carlton Woods that extend over there.

That side is going downhill faster than the rest of Spring. The rest is still pretty nice.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 AM

5 posts, read 7,917 times
omg - I am not west of hardytoll - I am in spring east - we are retiring and moving to texas from virginia so very unfamiliar with the neighorhodd - street and neighbors all been there long time so we thught it would be ok - but if that side of spring tx in going downhill - I will pray the offer contract is not accepted.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:14 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,960,123 times
Quote:
omg - I am not west of hardytoll - I am in spring east - we are retiring and moving to texas from virginia so very unfamiliar with the neighorhodd - street and neighbors all been there long time so we thught it would be ok - but if that side of spring tx in going downhill - I will pray the offer contract is not accepted.
West of the 45 is more of a school district thing. Any neighborhoods that far north are probably still good. Resale won't be the best, but not as bad as fatter south. Check te flood plains though, I think there was a significant issue with flooding over there from Allison.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:51 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
You can withdraw it.

You are probably fine. The problem with Spring is Spring ISD. The area to the south of FM 1960 around I 45 has had LOTS of apartment growth in the past 10 years. Some of those apartments filled up fast, especially when storms and a broken levy made NOLA uninhabitable. The Spring ISD had been a rural to suburban place for 30 years. They had a hard time adjusting to being a more urban district. Some of those young men with too much testosterone and not enough brains get a little testy. The district is more adjusted now. If you are north of 1960, you are ok.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:02 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
I thought "The Woodlands" was just the name of the developmet, since "The Woodlands" doesn't really exist as a location. Mostly made up from Spring, Tomball, and Conroe.

Sort of like "Bridgeland" in Cypress.
The Woodlands is actually a township.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:47 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
I thought "The Woodlands" was just the name of the developmet, since "The Woodlands" doesn't really exist as a location. Mostly made up from Spring, Tomball, and Conroe.

Sort of like "Bridgeland" in Cypress.
Bridgeland is a neighborhood. In The Woodlands, mail actual says The Woodlands, TX.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:52 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Bridgeland is a neighborhood. In The Woodlands, mail actual says The Woodlands, TX.
You can mail things to Cinco Ranch, TX, too. The woodlands isn't a city, but a township. Probably won't ever become a city do to higher taxes.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:58 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
You can mail things to Cinco Ranch, TX, too. The woodlands isn't a city, but a township. Probably won't ever become a city do to higher taxes.
This is true. The Machines read the zip codes.

Ps...the post office still claims Spring. But you can write what you want, it will still go by zip. Stallinville,Tx 77381 will still get there in one day from Galleria, Tx 77056. true story.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:29 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprejean View Post
We live in Spring - in Northampton (which is adjacent to Auburn Lakes). We ended up here sort of on accident, and LOVE it. We plan on staying. We have a great neighborhood - with great people. There is no through traffic. If you're in the neighborhood, you mean to be there. It is very close to St. Edwards. Also very close to The Woodlands. I can be at the mall in 15 minutes.
Don't mean to poop on your party, but I know somebody that had their got stolen at gunpoint in front of "Jarvis Industries" when they were about to go into their gated neighborhood.

Just letting you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston