Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:56 AM

137 posts, read 216,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
So this is justification for Houston not ever getting anything?

It happens all the time in Houston which is why I left.

No major theme park, the Comets are gone, the Oilers left, the Houston Pavilions flopped.

Same issue, different year.

Dude, the light rail expansion has been CANCELED.
Are you serious ? Your complaining about things that take place in any city. You left and hundreds of thousands of people are flocking to houston because of our economy. Most people are not worried about there not being a major theme park, a women's basketball team, a football team that has been replaced and one real estate development. The fact that you moved because your life revolves around such minor things is pretty sad.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
^^^
Stop lying. It does not happen in EVERY major city.

Quite hating because I live in a cool city, you wish you had the fun I have.

I am qualified to speak of Houston because I was born there and spent most of my life in Houston. I know Houston inside out.

Ohhhh goooodddddd, when will the excuses ever end in this city!

Houston is the LARGEST city without a major theme park. This is a FACT.

To the poster who said that Magic Johnson was going to do a deal with the Houston Pavilions.....

You guys were SO SURE that the Houston Pavilions were going to "Blow Up" and you're still waiting for it to blow up.

I went to the Houston Pavilions one time about 2-3 years ago and won't be going back.

You Houstonians are waiting for s*** that won't happen because you're too comfortable and lazy to move out of the city.

That's why nothing ever gets done besides building stadiums because you Houstonians won't wake up and stop making excuses for the city.

At least demand it from your city leaders.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:47 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
So this is justification for Houston not ever getting anything?

It happens all the time in Houston which is why I left.

No major theme park, the Comets are gone, the Oilers left, the Houston Pavilions flopped.

Same issue, different year.

Dude, the light rail expansion has been CANCELED.
Why so harsh?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:53 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
Houston gets alot of things and how made new retail and shopping districts and resdital towers are coming on line. ?

How many urban parks are being bulit and ped friendly areas ?

The theme park is a bummer but not like their is not things close by

The comets.err ok to each his own. The dynamo stay in the championship Hunt , The Texans are 9-1 , the rockets are so so..

The pavillion was bought by midway and magic jonhson who have already annoced they are working a redevelplement with more tenets.

The University line is in limbo(but a work around has been planned which includeds dedicated bus lanes and increased bus traffic. till this can be cleared up... Three lines are still on point to come on line by 2016 .. so progress is still being made , sorry its not at your pace
I admire your optimism but you have to travel hundreds of miles in Texas just to go to a quality theme park.

It would be wise to not wait for Magic Johnson to save the day because until there is a demand for something urban downtown, NOTHING will help the Houston Pavilions.

The problem is that we were told by the leaders of Houston that the rail lines would already be expanded by 2012 and now they have pushed it back to 2016-2017.

That's a sign of bad things to come and it doesn't look good.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM

137 posts, read 216,384 times
Quote:
^^^

I am qualified to speak of Houston because I was born there and spent most of my life in Houston. I know Houston inside out.

To the poster who said that Magic Johnson was going to do a deal with the Houston Pavilions.....

You guys were SO SURE that the Houston Pavilions were going to "Blow Up" and you're still waiting for it to blow up.

I went to the Houston Pavilions one time about 2-3 years ago and won't be going back.

You Houstonians are waiting for s*** that won't happen because you're too comfortable and lazy to move out of the city.

That's why nothing ever gets done besides building stadiums because you Houstonians won't wake up and stop making excuses for the city.

I'm from Houston and know it inside out as well. You live in Miami which has its own set of problems. No one is hating on your "cool city". Your the one that came on to a Houston forum and started "hating" on Houston. I happen to think Houston is a very cool city. I'm sure my idea of fun is completely different then your idea of fun.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:52 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,535 times
Quote:
^^^

Dude you sound like your five. I have been to just about every major city in the US , mid-east , and europe.. Things get canceled al the time . money runs outs, investors pull out.. a hundred things happens..

They are not going to do a deal they already bought the place ..

why would I want to move a of a city I like ????

Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornhouston View Post
Are you serious ? Your complaining about things that take place in any city. You left and hundreds of thousands of people are flocking to houston because of our economy. Most people are not worried about there not being a major theme park, a women's basketball team, a football team that has been replaced and one real estate development. The fact that you moved because your life revolves around such minor things is pretty sad.
dude he is mad cus the comets left.we past sad along time ago ?? He is talking about the oilers for god sake.. im go a head a lame this one trolling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: