Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:35 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Are you seriously going to try to bolster your argument by comparing the thought process of a theif to the thought process of a police officer?

The officer's job is to serve and protect.

He failed.

failed ??
not hardly, he smacked it out of the park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,271,663 times
Default Simple

I'm not arguing whether her death was justified, or not, but simply pointing out some facts. Her actions were premeditated, the officer's were not. Had she chose to do anything but her crime, she'd most likely be here today. She made two tragic miscalculations/mistakes, the first being the crime of theft, and the second, evading an officer. Tragic all around, even for the officer I'm sure; all these are symptoms of the first act she did, which was to go to Walmart to steal.

Is there anyone reading these posts that believes that if she did not go to Walmart to steal, she would not be dead? From this point forward, anyone with indignation will ask why she was gunned down, or what precipitated her death, and there is only one honest and truthful answer, her crime of theft. Just that simple, unfortunately.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 AM

1,632 posts, read 3,327,162 times
All these people defending the criminal is ridiculous. Since when is it okay to take someone else's hard earned living just because you're too lazy to get off your big one? So now we can steal, but nobody has the power to stop us? "You're not allowed to shoot me, and you're too small to tackle me, so I can just take whatever I want!"

Look, this world is starting to become over populated as it is. What better way to weed people out than to start with those who can't keep the most basic tenants of the law?

And let me put the world on notice: If anyone ever tries to steal something from my house (including my car), I will absolutely defend it with whatever force is required. As a previous poster said, if you don't like it, feel free to move to California.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:59 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,726,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverTodd62 View Post
If it was, I bet there would be a whole lot less stealing.
This is definitely true, but then you have to ask yourself what societies we most resemble.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:34 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
All these people defending the criminal is ridiculous. Since when is it okay to take someone else's hard earned living just because you're too lazy to get off your big one? So now we can steal, but nobody has the power to stop us? "You're not allowed to shoot me, and you're too small to tackle me, so I can just take whatever I want!"
I guess I should be used to this by now and not surprised.

I mean, really. What should I expect in an area where a person gets pursued for being black, pulls over in his own driveway and gets shot in his yard.

I remember so many people defending the actions of that officer from Bellaire, so I guess it should come as no surprise that so many of you think it's okay for the police to shoot at a car with children in it.

What would Wal-Mart have done had they lost that 100 dollars worth of Chinese made merchandise? Certainly, the police should shoot at a car full of people in such a situation.

And if it were your child, I am certain you'd defend the action of this officer. You'd say, "Well, that's what my kid gets for trying to steal some crap."

Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 AM

1,632 posts, read 3,327,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I guess I should be used to this by now and not surprised.

I mean, really. What should I expect in an area where a person gets pursued for being black, pulls over in his own driveway and gets shot in his yard.

I remember so many people defending the actions of that officer from Bellaire, so I guess it should come as no surprise that so many of you think it's okay for the police to shoot at a car with children in it.

What would Wal-Mart have done had they lost that 100 dollars worth of Chinese made merchandise? Certainly, the police should shoot at a car full of people in such a situation.

And if it were your child, I am certain you'd defend the action of this officer. You'd say, "Well, that's what my kid gets for trying to steal some crap."
Were any kids injured? Were any innocent bystanders injured? From the article, it sounds like the only person injured was the thief.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:29 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Maybe the stolen object was something shiny. Shiny objects held in human hands attract law enforcement bullets.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,657,391 times
With all of these replies it is very easy to see why people call Texas a backwards place.

You know who else believes that petty thieves should die ? The Taliban. I'm sure many of the old right wing a-holes here would suggest a public execution similar to the ones that were carried out in Kabul arenas.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:24 PM

830 posts, read 1,728,968 times
Why on earth does Walmart have ARMED security guards? If they usually aren't armed, then the off-duty cop shouldn't be using his gun in this situation. These women didn't come to shoot people, this wasn't a "stick up", they stole stuff from a store. Obviously a crime, but running/driving away from a security guard is not grounds for lethal force. If the cop had the opportunity to shoot the lady in the neck, I'm sure it would have been easier to use that effort to get away from the moving car instead of killing her. So many of the reactions in this post are sickening. This is in no way comparable to someone breaking into your HOME (which actually threatens your safety). There are plenty of teenagers all over this country shoplifting, running away from security guards and not getting shot. If these were a bunch of white teens that did the exact same thing (even with the whole car door issue), there's no way they would have been shot. And if they HAD been shot, that cop or Walmart would be sued. And no, I'm not black.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:25 PM

830 posts, read 1,728,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
You know who else believes that petty thieves should die ? The Taliban. I'm sure many of the old right wing a-holes here would suggest a public execution similar to the ones that were carried out in Kabul arenas.
No, the Taliban don't believe in losing your life for stealing. Punishments for major theft would be losing your hand not your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: