Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 04:39 PM

507 posts, read 807,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek74 View Post
I hate to break this to you, but 6 million people don't live in that 7 miles stretch of light rail track in the loop. Sorry. Try harder.
The same can be said of LA's system, look brah you need to give it a rest, your assumption was wrong now move on with delusions of pipedreams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,771,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Instigator View Post
The same can be said of LA's system, look brah you need to give it a rest, your assumption was wrong now move on with delusions of pipedreams
No, my assumption was right. A lot more people live in and around that 70 mile stretch of track then Houston's 7. The facts are irrefutable. Now run back to the CA forum where you belong.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:57 PM

507 posts, read 807,282 times
Quote:
No, my assumption was right. A lot more people live in and around that 70 mile stretch of track then Houston's 7. The facts are irrefutable. Now run back to the CA forum where you belong.
LOL the sweet words of defeat I love it goodbye now and happy new years

Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 AM

6,843 posts, read 10,966,660 times
This is sort of hilarious. You guys seem so proud of your misfortunes in Houston, you voted not to extend rail in November beyond these three lines under construction and the two other potential lines. You guys voted in retarded politicians that don't care about your growing city's infrastructure- classless enough to go out of their way and confusingly word the referendum to get "no" votes.

Then you guys cite some awful article praising what Houston's doing to "aggressively" add rail.

You just fell to the level of "I don't give an F, let's go to the beach and lay there like the braindead f***basket cases we are, yo" Miami to me. Houston = worst LRT|Miami = worst HRT.

Miami & Houston are running FAR behind Washington, Atlanta, & Dallas.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 01-03-2013 at 12:58 AM..

Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,771,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
This is sort of hilarious. You guys seem so proud of your misfortunes in Houston, you voted not to extend rail in November beyond these three lines under construction and the two other potential lines. You guys voted in retarded politicians that don't care about your growing city's infrastructure- classless enough to go out of their way and confusingly word the referendum to get "no" votes.

Then you guys cite some awful article praising what Houston's doing to "aggressively" add rail.

You just fell to the level of "I don't give an F, let's go to the beach and lay there like the braindead f***basket cases we are, yo" Miami to me. Houston = worst LRT|Miami = worst HRT.

Don't confuse us with politicians. We actually had many threads here before the referendum was voted on stating how bad the wording was. Most everyone here was actually for adding funds to light rail and therefore voting no on the referendum. Yes, politicians suck. Not much we can do about that. BTW, I hear Dallas has much worse traffic then Houston and Atlanta's is pretty bad too.

The more I analyze Houston's light rail, I don't think it's that bad. Obviously I would like to see it expanded. But keep in mind that the very act of expanding it is going to make traffic exponentially worse until it's finished. Some serious thought needs to go into this to have it done right. I'm also not interested in doing what LA did and bankrupting the city to build something that does not actually reduce traffic.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Are some of you aware that Los Angeles is more densely populated than Houston?

It's very well documented.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
If they put a light-rail from downtown Houston to Galveston
is gonna look like this

Commuter or heavy-rail, yes, light-rail, never in a million years.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post

You do realize that all of Houston's 2 million people are not members on this forum. Just FYI.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 AM

5,003 posts, read 5,983,013 times
Quote:
Yeah dude, I'm sure. Based on that link LA ranks behind Minneapolis and Buffalo based on ridership per mile. Hell, I didn't even know those cities had light rail! LOL. BTW, that "link" is only referencing light rail not real subways like NY and Chicago. I have a lot of friends out there and the litmus test is an easy one. I simply ask them, have you ever, once, rode on the LA metro. Not a one of them has yet to answer with a yes.
LA ranks behind them for light rail only not including heavy rail. LA's "trunk" system is heavy rail, not light rail. The subway in LA is almost 10,000 riders per mile, about the same as DC and Chicago.

And I ride both subways and buses, so now you know!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:57 AM

5,003 posts, read 5,983,013 times
Quote:
New Light Rail Ridership Falls Short by More Than Half - Reason.com

Why don't you chew on this for a while and get back to me. Yeah dude, the video in this article speaks volumes. Not about your argument, but mine. Enjoy!
You're linking an article from an anti-rail source. They are against any public money being used for such infrastructure. And they were waaay off. Ridership is way up since then. Expo is busy and is second in LA to the blue line in terms of riders per mile. By the time the line gets to Santa Monica it will be LA's busiest light rail line by far. Not as busy as the subway though.

Last edited by 2Easy; 01-08-2013 at 02:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston