Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 06:03 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,770,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek74 View Post
People are not flocking to the Woodlands because they are told to, they are flocking there because it's affordable!!! Riddle me this batman. Say I've got a wife and two kids. I want to spend 250k on a house. Tell me where in the loop I can do that and NOT have to send my kids to private schools. River Oaks? LOL. Memorial? LOL. Bellaire? LOL. West U? LOL. Come on, I'm all ears. No, I'm serious, tell me where. As someone who recently moved here, I really want to know. All kidding aside.
I still am waiting to hear where all these 250k homes are in the loop with good schools. I REALLY want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 06:19 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,959,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek74 View Post
I still am waiting to hear where all these 250k homes are in the loop with good schools. I REALLY want to know.
Westbury, Eastwood, candlelight plaza....good teachers at these schools, just need good active parents to help them shine. It's simply a matter of people believing in many of these areas and creating a critical mass to make it happen. In any case the definition of suburbs is a moving target as all of these areas were suburban at one time so only farther out suburbs get the designation now. The woodlands is fine but given a generation or so people will be complaining about the crime ridden woodlands CBD and having to commute from magnolia or something. The battle rages on. Houston will remain a good place to live for a while I think and with all of the green improvements it will only get better. But live where you want and don't worry about everyone else's opinion.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OducksFTW! View Post
would you like a definition of naive?

I believe if a mass of people who go to some artificially built "hip and cool" place thinking a feel of a community and neighborhood can be duplicated by a large scale developer looking to make a profit then yes naive is the word I would use.

I had a conversation with someone about the Woodlands and other "city center/town center" type areas that have people throwing their money on the weekends. And what she said struck me (she lives in the Woodlands) was how she describes us Houstonians and especially Suburban Houstonians as sheep. We easily herded to wherever a shepherd takes us.
What is wrong with loving where you live? it appears to me you have either not been to The Woodlands or you just want to condemn the area. I live in Katy Tx and I love it. I have been to The Woodlands several times (my sister lives there) and it is a beautiful place.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:22 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
Everyone I know won't set foot in The Woodlands. It is nothing but a bunch of chains centered around a big, suburban mall.

you should hang out with a better class of people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston