Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 01:23 PM

47 posts, read 175,555 times

Advertisements

Fyi

Quote:
taylor morrison purchases texas-based darling homes
scottsdale, arizona - taylor morrison, a leading north american homebuilder, has purchased texas homebuilder darling homes. The transaction closed on december 31.

Darling homes, founded by brothers bill, steve and bob darling, has been building high quality family homes in the dallas-fort worth metroplex and greater houston areas for more than 25 years. Darling homes has received numerous industry awards.

"my brothers and i are delighted to be joining taylor morrison," said bill darling. "taylor morrison has a customer-focused attitude and an internal culture that is a close fit with our own. It's great to see that the darling brand will continue in this way."

sheryl palmer, ceo and president of taylor morrison said, "we have always been impressed with the darling brand and the team's passion and commitment. It's wonderful to think that we can now help to develop this complementary brand as part of taylor morrison.

About taylor morrison
headquartered in scottsdale, arizona, taylor morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes. Under the taylor morrison® brand, the company operates in arizona, california, colorado, florida and texas. Under the monarch brand, the company operates in ontario, canada where the company builds and develops single-family detached and attached homes in both toronto and ottawa. Monarch also builds high-rise condominiums in toronto. Taylor morrison serves a wide array of homebuyers, including entry-level, move-up, luxury and active adult customers, through its innovative product mix. For more information, please visit Taylor Morrison Home Builders and Real Estate for New Homes and Townhomes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,583,955 times
Interesting......

I wonder if they will keep the Darling name, or simply change everything to TM.

They do have some nice homes.

Old 03-02-2021, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,212 times
Darling Homes reputation has been destroyed by Taylor Morrison. I only wish it had happened before I bought my lemon of a home. These frauds actually built my home on creek sand!!!! Now spending so much money to sue them in the insanely biased towards builders arbitration process. I highly recommend everyone stay far far away from this awful builder. Shame on the woodlands for continuing to allow them to build here

Old 03-02-2021, 12:08 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default Not good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jikkie View Post
Darling Homes reputation has been destroyed by Taylor Morrison. I only wish it had happened before I bought my lemon of a home. These frauds actually built my home on creek sand!!!! Now spending so much money to sue them in the insanely biased towards builders arbitration process. I highly recommend everyone stay far far away from this awful builder. Shame on the woodlands for continuing to allow them to build here
What a disaster. I'm guessing foundation issues? If so, how severe?

Old 03-02-2021, 08:26 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
Taylor Morrison has a ton of mold issues in Marbella in League City and similar all across Florida.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:41 AM

So I actually just signed a contract to build with TM in Harmony.

Curious if they did soil testing for your lot @Jikkie

@texas7, any insight? Poor plumbing? What price point is in Marbella?

Old 03-03-2021, 04:53 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,228,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jikkie View Post
Now spending so much money to sue them in the insanely biased towards builders arbitration process.
So which is it? Are you suing them, or going thru arbitration? They are not the same, and very different.

Old 03-10-2021, 10:05 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
So I actually just signed a contract to build with TM in Harmony.

Curious if they did soil testing for your lot @Jikkie

@texas7, any insight? Poor plumbing? What price point is in Marbella?
https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/b...d-13300405.php

You can also google them and the word mold for more info.

Old 03-11-2021, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/b...d-13300405.php

You can also google them and the word mold for more info.
That sucks.
Curious what went wrong, maybe the materials used or the trades used.

I'll be sure to inspect before sheet rock goes up.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:08 AM

18 posts, read 26,778 times
Slightly off topic but Taylor Morrison started a bidding process for available lots in Riverstone. My hype of buying a home there simmered down a bit since the wait process enabled me to continue my search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston