Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:34 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,025,375 times

Advertisements

Yeah I looked at the cost that someone posted and they seem to have everything covered. So I can see how this HOA helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,505 times
I have lived in Cinco Ranch for over 11 years. The HOA fee keeps going up but the HOA rules are not enforced like they were several years ago. I have complained about violations but the HOA says the lawyers have to deal with it. I made some complaints over two years ago that have not been addressed.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 AM

182 posts, read 350,369 times
so where is HOA actually enforced?

Old 02-12-2011, 03:07 PM

20 posts, read 81,819 times
We live in Grand Lakes which borders Cinco. We've been pretty satisfied on the amenities so far. Each cluster of neighborhoods nestled around its own lake has its own pool and the themes change from neighborhood to neighborhood (kiddie pool, diving board pool, lazy river pool etc). I really like the fact that the green paths are inside the neighborhood, they make a convenient way to walk around the lakes which we do every evening with the dog.

As far as HOA goes, we're about the same about $1000 year. We don't seem to have as many problems with cars & boats parked in the street over night but it happens from time to time. Never seems to be a long term issue. The HOA enforcement police do ride around and send you notices. I've gotten a few for forgetting to weed or mow on time and I consider myself to be a tidy yardkeeper.

So far so good.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,208 times
Be very careful.....we brought in 06 and for 3 weeks the house was empty before we could move in when we arrived on move in day we had a Threating notice from the Ass. about grass in our cracks. It has been most miserable 6yrs of my life dealing with this Ass. They hire a company to drive around and I guess they get paid by the tickets they write up but once they write you up they never let up. My house and grounds are in good condiction and I keep my property up but its always some nit picking thing. When I moved in the dues were around $700 a year. This year they were over $900. This is outrageous when you consider the amount of houses in the area. The Ass. has no consideration for the people and the effects the economy is having on its homeownes. And we feel the Ass. is out to get us rather then looking out for the homeowners.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:28 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kklab View Post
Be very careful.....we brought in 06 and for 3 weeks the house was empty before we could move in when we arrived on move in day we had a Threating notice from the Ass. about grass in our cracks. It has been most miserable 6yrs of my life dealing with this Ass. They hire a company to drive around and I guess they get paid by the tickets they write up but once they write you up they never let up. My house and grounds are in good condiction and I keep my property up but its always some nit picking thing. When I moved in the dues were around $700 a year. This year they were over $900. This is outrageous when you consider the amount of houses in the area. The Ass. has no consideration for the people and the effects the economy is having on its homeownes. And we feel the Ass. is out to get us rather then looking out for the homeowners.
Sounds like its time for you and your family to move elsewhere....

Old 02-17-2014, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,552 times
Is there any restriction about parents staying with us for more than 4 months? It's just me and my husband right now but when our parents will come they will spend 4-6 months with us.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

6 posts, read 13,285 times
Quote:
Is there any restriction about parents staying with us for more than 4 months? It's just me and my husband right now but when our parents will come they will spend 4-6 months with us.
No, you can have guests at your house. Just be careful about extra vehicles and parking on the street.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,044 times
In the state of Texas it has not yet been established whether an hoa can relate parking in the street when the county maintains the roads. Lower courts have sided both ways, but as the county maintains, sets speed limits, and decides on legal parking on roadways, I am sure that at some point the hoa will be told the same as those in other states. You don't own it, you don't control it. As far as parking vehicles in the driveway, the rule is that you can't have any obviously non functioning vehicles parked in your driveway. A registered vehicle with all required safety equipment in place and that is legally operational can be parked indefinitely. I have a park white 3000gt vr4 that is rarely moved and get noticed from them on it. It has never had the registration lapse on it. It has never had a flat on it, although it sat a long time with a spare. It has after market rims that are irreplaceable. My wife damaged one the only time she drove it. The car is still completely legal. There insistence on harassing me has only led to me bringing an ugly old truck to park there're as well. It is also fully legal, and my daily driver. You can't park a project vehicle in the drive, but if it is kept legally personal, and you still drive it, it would be hard for them to have legal grounds to stop you from parking it in your drive. Cinco ranch definitely does not enforce the rules fairly. If you get letters, you probably have a neighbor calling in on you. Unless cinco ranch marks my tires, how do they know how often I drive a vehicle. Down the road from me thereis a cat that has a flat with a split sidewall, registration is not current, and part of the front end is missing so wiring for missing lights are hanging. They don't get the harassment I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston