Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:09 AM

11 posts, read 60,868 times

Advertisements

How is it living in this community? Are the rules reasonable? I currently live in an Hoa and while the rules are reasonable to live with they have just implemented a sales/application approval in order to sell or lease your home. Do you have to get approval to sell your home? Does the buyer have to interview? What about any other rules that may be a bit much? I just don't want to buy in a place where I have to get approval for the kind of toothpaste we use.
Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 12:40 PM

36 posts, read 214,916 times
Good question. We are considering Cinco as well.

Any info would be great.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:52 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
The fee is $750 annually and from what I hear, it is a good, strong HOA. Maybe a little too strict for some folks, but that's what keeps property values up.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 PM

241 posts, read 1,178,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
The fee is $750 annually and from what I hear, it is a good, strong HOA. Maybe a little too strict for some folks, but that's what keeps property values up.
Confirmation, it is $750

Old 10-22-2007, 01:05 PM

69 posts, read 406,884 times
I used to live in an area with a strict HOA, and we were sometimes annoyed. However, now that we live in an older, and pretty neighborhood, I appreciate and miss the HOA. Unfortunately, about one out of five homes needs some significant improvements. I feel bad for some of the older people who don't have the resources to maintain their homes, but it doesn't help our property values at all. Without HOA's people can get away with anything. Next time I buy a home, I will want to be sure that there are some regulations.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,449,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4Life View Post
Confirmation, it is $750
It used to be $800 ($1,000 for a gated community) until last year or year before that when it went down $50.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:52 PM

2 posts, read 17,057 times
The HOA in Cinco Ranch has a lot of rules and regulations, but unfortunately, none of them are enforced. There are cars parked all over the street in my neighborhood and the HOA does nothing about it. There are supposed to be no fireworks, but it sounds like a war zone around here on Independence Day and New Years Day. They don't clean up the firework mess either. There are also supposed to be no solicitors, but there are signs on my door knob almost every day.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 15,638 times
The HOA rules in Cinco Ranch ARE strictly enforced. I had a recycle bin outside a few days after trash pickup because it needed washing and I didn't want it attracting bugs in my garage. Either an HOA supervisor or neighbor notified the HOA and I received a written warning in the mail.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:21 AM

13 posts, read 73,276 times
I've never lived there but my fiancee shared a place there with a friend. She said it was pretty strict, like there a list of approved plants you can grow in your yard and you can only have one tree in your yard or something like that.

Here's their website: Cinco Ranch Home Owners Association

Old 07-06-2009, 07:30 AM

16 posts, read 57,639 times
We moved to Cinco in August of '08. I have seen my neighbors get a letter about a barking dog, and a problem with a front door. But there has been a car parked in one neighbors driveway since we moved here... It has never moved. We did have lots of fireworks on the 4th, but the family picked them up. I paid $860 this year for the HOA. I have to say... we love the pools, I know that has nothing to do with the HOA, which is what you asked about, but WE LOVE THE POOLS!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston