Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 03:08 PM

184 posts, read 314,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Oh, I almost forgot.

I'm not shocked you didn't use your original username.
OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 03:09 PM

497 posts, read 1,485,086 times
Sorry I cannot at all agree with premise of the OP. For example, I visit Democratic Underground and Daily KOS frequently and the level of violent venom there FAR exceeds that in conservative forums (where there is plenty). It would be nice to just disagree. But given the way things are going in this country we will probably be killing each other instead in a few years.

There are now two different realities in the US and the divide between them appears irreconcilable.

But keep stirring the pot - Just don't be surprised when we all get burned.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobtm View Post
Sorry I cannot at all agree with premise of the OP. For example, I visit Democratic Underground and Daily KOS frequently and the level of violent venom there FAR exceeds that in conservative forums (where there is plenty). It would be nice to just disagree. But given the way things are going in this country we will probably be killing each other instead in a few years.

There are now two different realities in the US and the divide between them appears irreconcilable.

But keep stirring the pot - Just don't be surprised when we all get burned.
Agreed. The only peaceful solution I see in the long-term is political divorce. The right and the left now have diametrically opposed value systems that are no longer compatible.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:21 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,385 times
SJL hasn't put up with anywhere near the hatred that Palin has, and some of that does have to do with National exposure of running for VP, but seriously, even the late night talkshow hosts made fun of Palin's 13 year old daughter being impregnated by a baseball player (it was the elder daughter, not the younger).

Oh, and well said StudioBTM!

Old 01-11-2013, 04:38 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Krinkle View Post
SJL is a flat out ignornat idiot. I'm in her district and vote against her every election. She plays the race card every chance she gets, and it's perceive as being racist herself. She must see herself on camera and be seen, but mainly she comes off as arrogant and deosn't know what she is talking about most of the time. She just needs to shut up and do work for her district.

- It's well known she treeats her emplyess like crap and has a high staff turnover.
Sheila Jackson Lee: 6 Wild Allegations from the Daily Caller Profile

District 18 may pay price for Lee's pace (Sheila Jackson Lee throws cell phone at staffer & more)

- She complained that the names of hurricanes are all caucasian-sounding names. Saying they are "lily white," and is seeking to have better representation for names reflecting African-Americans and other ethnic groups.

- Pepsi superbowl add was demeaning toward african american women. No Sheila, let's not talk about the budget, economy, world issues...

Sheila Jackson Lee's opinion of the harmless Pepsi commercial - YouTube

- She demanded to be on Rush Limbaugh because she said he is racist and he never had her on the show. His guests have been mainly sitting presidents and vice presidents. Although it would not supprise me if Limbaugh is a bit racist.

- I still have no idea why she felt the need to go to the Michael Jackson funeral and speak. She’s also fought long and emotionally on the congressional floor fighting for a congressional honor for deceased pop singer Michael Jackson as a “global humanitarian".

- She recently said we have two Vietnams, "South Vietnam and North Vietnam are two separate nations now living peacefully side-by-side". "We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace". Yep, she has no clue.

- She confused the moon landing with the rover Mars landing by asking "Is it going go to where the astronauts planted the flag"? Yeah, idiot, you represent the city of Houston and you think the most amazing NASA accomplishment in decades is roaming the moon? Perhaps she thinks we planted a flag on Mars as well?

- took a cell phone call in the middle of her own town hall meeting
I love it!! I would watch CSPAN more often If I got to see ridiculous stuff like this on there. Why would anyone want to see her go away?? She is comedy gold! Instead of giving her a minute to speak they should have given her an hour to make an even bigger fool of herself. We are a nation that loves Honey Boo and Kim Kardashian. Give this woman her own show on VH1 and you'll have a #1 hit.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 PM

125 posts, read 198,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
your just now noticing that.. hell the video of the HPD stomping that boy showed that. White and blacks saw to diffrent realities .

Blacks saw a handcuffed kid , getting the crap kicked out of him, whites saw a danger man who some how could snap the cuffs over power five cops all twice he size and go on a killing spree, so in their minds the cops where defending themselves.. not all but a surpring large number
lol
Nah. A very, very, very slim number saw that. Probably less than one. What they saw was a guy that was caught in the middle of a burglary, so he got whatever was coming to him. Don't burglarize and you won't get beat. Pretty simple to me.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,724,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonlibrarian View Post
lol
Nah. A very, very, very slim number saw that. Probably less than one. What they saw was a guy that was caught in the middle of a burglary, so he got whatever was coming to him. Don't burglarize and you won't get beat. Pretty simple to me.
If you really believe in the laws of this country, you can't simultaneously believe that the kid "got whatever was coming to him." That kind of logic just legally doesn't add up--it sounds more like Taliban logic or something. Btw, are you really a librarian? I didn't think librarians could be so ignorant.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,440,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
You can call someone a liar without being a racist. Obama shows NO respect to anyone who does not tow his party line. He is a liar. He is a the worst kind of politician...He is a huge part of the problem in Washington. He is arrogant, he is dangerous, and he hates everything that made American into a great country.

I think Obama is a liar, I think Obama is dangerous, I think Obama would trample the constitution if he were given the chance to do so. I am not racist though. I dislike Obama not b/c he is black, but because the Agenda that he advances is bad for this country.
Wow, it sounds like you live in the Fox News alternate reality. Obama just nominated a REPUBLICAN to be secretary of defense.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,170,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Wow, it sounds like you live in the Fox News alternate reality. Obama just nominated a REPUBLICAN to be secretary of defense.
Well DUH! "We really need a Democratic Secretary of Defense"...said nobody, EVER!

Ronnie

Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Well DUH! "We really need a Democratic Secretary of Defense"...said nobody, EVER!

Ronnie
Cohen was a Republican from Maine.

Same difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston