Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 06:20 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,271,663 times

Advertisements

Someone needs to tell Chuck Schumer, maybe we can get our deserved shuttle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 07:02 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,173,790 times
Hey! All of us live here. What's not to like?

Ronnie

Old 01-12-2013, 06:18 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
We still have some catching up to do with 5 star dining, but other than that, we are getting there.

I say wait 20 years or so and people will consider Houston to be the best city in Texas, hands down.

It's already the best city in Texas, WTF are you talking about?

Old 01-12-2013, 06:26 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Wow, Im blown away that Houston is up there with those cities.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:02 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,902,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
... According to the New York Times ... Houston ranks No. 7.
The Times article said the great Houston Museum District is one of the reasons. Also the restaurants are great and the city is "making a bid to be the state's cultural and culinary capitol as well."

The 46 Places to Go in 2013 - NYTimes.com
I would not call it a "ranking".

Old 01-13-2013, 07:24 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,271,663 times
Default Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgto View Post
I would not call it a "ranking".
More like a spanking!

Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
Uh, the Zoo is perfectly and conveniently accessible by lightrail. Dont complain about parking if you are too lazy to use the rail. You could easily park somewhere around HCC central or something and take a 5 minute train ride to the zoo.
The rail is only easy to use if you live along it. Why would someone who lives in North Houston go park somewhere else just to ride the rail -- that isn't laziness -- it is just pain to park elsewhere and still have to take yet another form of transportation to go somewhere. That would feel like making two trips instead of one to a single destination. My suggestion would be to get to the zoo at opening time. It is a nice zoo and it does get very crowded - parking can be difficult as the day progresses.

The only time I would park elsewhere and take the rail "might" be to go to a Texans game or rodeo cook-off, etc. where parking is an absolute nightmare and there is no avoiding that.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:19 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,792,275 times
I've been to 36 of the places on this list already. Houston absolutely deserves to be on this list. A very unique city which in my humble opinion is undersold as a great touristic spot.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:46 PM

561 posts, read 972,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
I've been to 36 of the places on this list already. Houston absolutely deserves to be on this list. A very unique city which in my humble opinion is undersold as a great touristic spot.
Wow really? Houston a touristic spot? Deserves to be on the list next to some of the most breathtaking areas of the world.. and admittedly some that made me scratch my head(Houston being one of them)

please do explain your opinion. I do value it since you seem to be so well traveled.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:23 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,792,275 times
Looking at the entire list, yes Houston does deserve to be on that list. How many places on that list you actually visited? Can you speak from personal experience or you just pulled this out of your arse?
And if your idea of visiting a new place is "breathtaking" then you're looking for all the wrong things. You need to be able to appreciate the place you visit and get the best out of it. It doesn't have to be breathtaking mate. Is called being an educated traveler. Get the basics first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OducksFTW! View Post
Wow really? Houston a touristic spot? Deserves to be on the list next to some of the most breathtaking areas of the world.. and admittedly some that made me scratch my head(Houston being one of them)

please do explain your opinion. I do value it since you seem to be so well traveled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston