Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:49 PM

111 posts, read 217,610 times

Advertisements

We live in Friendswood and are not having luck with finding great restaurants. We love Perry ' s Steakhouse off of Bay Area Blvd, but other than that we really haven't found anything we just love. We would really like to find a good hibachi restaurant. We have tried several in the Clear Lake area and they are nothing to rave about. Even a Chinese restaurant would be great because we have had no luck there.

I am guessing we need to venture out more towards Houston. I love Grotto by the Galleria and so do the kiddos. Usually i am not big on large chain style restaurants but I have been pleased with Grotto so far. We do have 3 kids so the restaurants need to allow kids but not specifically be kid friendly. My kids do not eat what most kids eat and rarely order off the kids menu. So unfortunately it is like trying to please 5 adults food wise in our home.

Oh my kids would love a good bbq restaurant. We tried papas bbq and that was awful. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 10:25 PM

785 posts, read 1,228,291 times
Here's a few that I like in that general area:

Nobi Asian Grill
Pho Yen
Thai Jasmine
Mona's Mediterranean
Gina's Italian Kitchen
NASA Fast Food (Vietnamese)
888 Bistro (Chinese)
Stomp's Burger Joint
Tookie's
King's Biergarten
Cuisine India
BJ's Brewhouse
Akimi Stir Fry
Barcenas Mexican
Rudy's BBQ

Tookie's and Stomp's are both burger joints and will probably be a hit with your kids. Akimi and Triple 888 are probably the better Asian restaurants in the area. Rudy's BBQ should be a better choice than Pappas. BJ's is one of the few chains that I like. King's is technically in Pearland but is one of the few German restaurants in town and is definitely worth trying.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:06 PM

433 posts, read 656,386 times
Southeast houston

Old 01-06-2014, 11:19 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,912,831 times
888 Bistro is good for Chinese, pretty authentic (if you remember to ask for the Chinese menu) & I agree that kids love Tookie's. Frenchie's is good, old school Italian, & for the adults my favorites are Tommy's & Opus Bistro.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:20 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,221,191 times
I second Tookies, Gina's and 888 Bistro. 888 also delivers (both CL and LC I believe) so that is a-w-e-s-o-m-e. Rudy's is a fun place to visit too. Actually I do like some big chains but I won't list any here. Here's some that I tend to favor:

Pho Yen - Friendswood (delivers too)
Birraporettis - Friendswood (they deliver too)
Mediterraneo - Clear Lake
Joes BBQ in Alvin - stuffed critters on the wall may intrigue the kids
The Egg and I - for breakfast
Cullen's in Pasadena
Amadeus - Kemah

Perry's also has 2 other restaurants (1 in Friendswood, another in Clear Lake) that are different enough from the one on Bay Area to be worth a visit.

Update - I heard Perry's Italian is closed. Perry's in Friendswood has a small meat market where they sell their pork chops among other things.

Last edited by DanielWayne; 01-06-2014 at 11:29 PM..

Old 01-06-2014, 11:52 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,912,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Rudy's is a fun place to visit too.
Mediterraneo - Clear Lake
I forgot about Mediterraneo--love that place! Great Greek food, calimari, & falafel, very informal but sometimes with live music. Good for kids.

We actually have Rudy's here in the RGV & I agree with DanielWayne that it's fun. Be sure to try their creamed corn!

Old 01-07-2014, 12:08 AM

111 posts, read 217,610 times
Thanks for the suggestions. I have seen 888 Bistro just thought it sounded funny but will give it a try. We have always used Rudy's as our BBQ place. We have tried Tookies. I loved it but my kids don't care for hamburgers. Like I said I have weird kids who would prefer more adult meals. We will definitely be trying several of the places everyone has listed!!!

Old 01-07-2014, 07:58 AM

8,891 posts, read 19,886,798 times
Cullen's, while on the border with Pasadena is technically clear lake as it is located within houston city limits. We like madres text mex and in friendswood and la Brisa in league city. Jimmy changas is kid friendly tex mex in league city. Homemade corn tortillas are great vs the typical flour. Ellie's kitchen for Greek in friendswood. Also a small Perry's in friendswood. Bakkhus taverna in Kemah, signature bistro in seabrook, Merlion thai seabrook. South shore grill in league city, I know tookies is popular but it is very greasy food. Mediterraneao in Nassau bay. Angelo's in Webster. Olympia grill and mosquito cafe in galveston.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:40 AM

157 posts, read 323,691 times
I work in the area and also like Angelos... great homemade type pizza for Houston standards. Wael's for Lebanese and on the way in, El Nopalito on I-45 for Mexican. However those are pretty ethnic & can be *potentially* bold for the typical, fragile white pallette.

I might have to try 888... heard nothing but good from Chinese people and it isn't funny if you knew that 8 is a lucky number. Much like 7-7-7.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:08 AM

700 posts, read 1,224,416 times
Thanks, I'll probably try out a couple of these restaurants when I visit the in-laws this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston