Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 AM

405 posts, read 822,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The "basketball town" is not at that game. The audience is a "high profile" caliper - don't expect them to hoot and holler.
But that's the same type that goes to All-Star games every year in every city they're held in, but they usually still make way more noise than that. That had to be the quietest, deadest crowd I have EVER seen at an All-Star game. You can tell the crowd was dead because the players feed off the audience's energy and once they saw how dead the audience was they came out looking bored and disinterested themselves. I've never such a dull, dead all-star event in any sport in my life. They were even quiet when Chris Paul was presented the trophy for MVP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 AM

124 posts, read 320,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Ended up not going to Rich's but I ran into a friend at Memorial City Friday who is a club promoter for a club downtown, so I went to Proxima last night. Went to the Galleria yesterday, but before the closing down stuff. Saw Kobe, LeBron and NeYo. LeBron started jumping up and down and screaming and then everyone started doing it. It was hilarious. Was also funny seeing the white people leave the mall with mad looks. I guess they never heard of all star weekend lmao.
Curious, what exactly is it about All-star weekend that "white people" should have known to keep them from leaving the mall with "mad looks"?

Old 02-18-2013, 11:06 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
Stoner rock.
Fu Manchu!

Old 02-18-2013, 02:29 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito Brigante View Post
But that's the same type that goes to All-Star games every year in every city they're held in, but they usually still make way more noise than that. That had to be the quietest, deadest crowd I have EVER seen at an All-Star game. You can tell the crowd was dead because the players feed off the audience's energy and once they saw how dead the audience was they came out looking bored and disinterested themselves. I've never such a dull, dead all-star event in any sport in my life. They were even quiet when Chris Paul was presented the trophy for MVP.
Again, its the TNT mics. Performers kept cutting in and out. Read Twitter. those at the game said it was loud. TNT always has crappy mics on all of their games. Also, the players came out playing. Even the commentators were saying that at the beginning of the game. Not only that, but its an all star game. Players don't really play hard until the last half of the fourth anyway. The first three and a half quarters are high flying dunks and alley oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIS_Gordon View Post
Curious, what exactly is it about All-star weekend that "white people" should have known to keep them from leaving the mall with "mad looks"?
They should have known that it was going to be packed. Then they would not have been mad.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:20 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
It's obvious you don't watch basketball very often do you?

How is Houston not a basketball town when Rockets games are pretty loud even when it's during regular season???

People just come on these threads like their some kind of expert. It's quite comical. LOL

Old 02-18-2013, 04:49 PM

875 posts, read 1,661,316 times
All Star Weekend was cool...good thing I went to the Galleria Friday instead of Saturday. I don't think I could handle being stuck in the traffic. Bun B and Meek Mills cnx there concert too (very upset, but not suprised) still ended up having a good time though.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:49 PM

405 posts, read 822,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
It's obvious you don't watch basketball very often do you?

How is Houston not a basketball town when Rockets games are pretty loud even when it's during regular season???

People just come on these threads like their some kind of expert. It's quite comical. LOL
WTF are you talking about, and where did I say "Houston is not a basketball town" anywhere in my statement?!? I just said it seemed super quiet and the players looked bored, and actually, the game itself wasn't even as exciting this year as it usually is.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
What the hell does color have to do with anything?!? I'm not white. I'm just a long time NBA fan who remembers when NBA All-Star games were NBA All-Star games. It would interesting to see how many people in this thread are under 30...
It's getting back to that. After the horrors that occurred during All Star in Las Vegas. The committee has been more strict and organized when it comes to the events and players reputations during the All Star Weekend.

That's why for many players it has become more about family. Back than; they'd keep the wives and kids at home and groupie season would be in full force. Not so much now.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
They could do without all the songs too.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:59 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
How is the rail going to help if most of the people were driving in from out of state, and wanting to show off their cars?
Would give people about 1000 times more options on where to park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston