Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 AM

847 posts, read 1,751,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lane_change View Post
You could have at least changed the font to another color....why's everything got to be black? The whole internet is racist, everything is black....when you want to point something out, you actually put it in BOLD and capitalize it, thus making it taller and darker, or....more black.

People are too damn sensitive. I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread. Maybe when the rodeo is in town, we can all complain about White people walking through the Galleria leaving horse crap all over the floor?

Doesn't that Blue font look less racist? I mean, who is that offending?
hahahahah blue font offends me cause my username has the word "BLUE" in it. how bout using this color?

IBTL.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Wow...someone turned into a detective and filled this thread with all sorts of evidence contrary to the facts stated earlier. The last quote just makes that post all the more enjoyable.

Pot/Kettle - Say Hello.

You know what, I think the whole Pot/Kettle remark is also racist. Pot calling the Kettle Black....that's an injustice. From now on, I'm going to start thinking of alternative options that make the same point without possibly offending anyone.
Clearly, your comprehension skills are as poor as the other two, but I'll help y'all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
...which is why you felt the need to remind us dozens of times that these patrons/thieves/loiterers were black.

As for the half-naked women, what can we say? If they were breaking any indecent exposure laws, then they probably should've been arrested. If they weren't, well, I'm assuming they're grown women who have the right to dress as they please.
Quote:
Why is it even necessary to mention the race of the people? That's what we're asking you.
80% of the topics I discuss on this forum are related to race in one way another. What sense would it make for me to constantly discuss race and then question someone else about it?

I simply found it odd that the OP mentions "black" dozens of times and then goes on to claim that race is irrelevant. Well, which is it?

Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 AM

454 posts, read 1,585,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelion_ms3 View Post
hahahahah blue font offends me cause my username has the word "BLUE" in it. how bout using this color?

IBTL.
Touche. I forgot about you I guess. Very insensitive of me. I'm sorry. I was going to use Yellow, but we all know how touchy Asian people can get, Red may offend the native Americans (are there any left in Texas?), Brown....as we mentioned....this is Texas, let's not go there. White would be impossible to read unless you highlighted my entire post. Black font obviously can't be used in a thread like this. So I chose Blue. My bad.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Clearly, your comprehension skills are as poor as the other two, but I'll help y'all out.

80% of the topics I discuss on this forum are related to race in one way another. What sense would it make for me to constantly discuss race and then question someone else about it?

I simply found it odd that the OP mentions "black" dozens of times and then goes on to claim that race is irrelevant. Well, which is it?
Dozens? Holy hell....that's like 24+ times. You're right my reading comprehension skills are terrible. I missed a lot of those.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:34 AM

And like everyone else has already stated....I'm not a racist either.

I just hate stupid people.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 AM

112 posts, read 208,192 times
Every thread on here seems to always mange some way to make it all about race. By the time I get to the ends of them I dont even know what the OP's question even was anymore! This is so out of hand. Racist people are around. Non-racist people are also around. WHY does it have to go there at all in the first place? Black people being offended by being called Black??? So should White people be offended by being called White? There are so many things that are taken SOOO over the top that I dont even know where to begin!!! Maybe if we all just relaxed a little and didnt LOOK for things to BE offended by, it would be a whole lot easier. ALL PEOPLE NEED TO CALM IT DOWN A LITTLE MAYBE. I dont mean to offend anyone by this post.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:54 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,347,238 times
Oh the Houston threads ( I got tried of making things less racist) always make me laugh. Y'all are like cats over here.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:58 AM

And here I am reading through these because I am thinking about moving here, WOW is all I can say after reading some of them. Sad to say the least. When someone starts off by asking where to get a good dinner and somehow by Page 2 I am reading about how its all Black or all White or blah blah. All I can think is sooo.... about dinner....?

Old 02-22-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjedstrom View Post
And here I am reading through these because I am thinking about moving here, WOW is all I can say after reading some of them. Sad to say the least. When someone starts off by asking where to get a good dinner and somehow by Page 2 I am reading about how its all Black or all White or blah blah. All I can think is sooo.... about dinner....?
The food in Houston sucks, so don't worry about dinner.

The people on this forum don't depict Houston, they just depict the internet....which is the same internet you use in St. Paul. Wait until summer, then every thread will be about the weather and how hot, humid, muggy, etc....Houston is. Same story, people ask about dinner and by page 2, people are complaining about mosquitoes. It's the internet, it's not designed to stay on topic.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
The food in Houston sucks, so don't worry about dinner.
HaHa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston