Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2007, 01:40 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,568,482 times

Advertisements

I am checking out Stafford. I like the closeness to the city as well as Sugarland; however, I am totally confused about the property tax rates. Some posts mention zero property taxes. What does that mean?
Am a senior, so I think that means I get some write-off's with tax rates on a house soon or now, too.
Can anyone explain the zero property tax rate in Stafford to me? And I read this may be revoked, but has there been anything in the paper about it or on t.v.? I would hate to move there, and then they go back to charging a property tax rate. Help!:conf used:
How bad is the crime there, also?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 01:49 PM

3 posts, read 12,301 times
Default Stafford Property Taxes

Hi -

I have lived in Stafford since I was a child. I moved away for a couple of years but now in Sugarland. Stafford has had 0 property tax for a while now. Supposedly, the business industry, which has grown in that area tremendously since I was a child, has paid for the property taxes. My parents still live in Stafford. If you get this and you want to know more detail about the property taxes I can get the information.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:04 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,568,482 times
Yes, kmsdove, I surely would appreciate more information. I have lived in Houston (more precisely, Bellaire, which is in the middle of Houston close to the Galleria) for 22 years, but am in the midwest taking care of an aging parent. However, when I am out of here I have to move and fast; so, I am doing gobs of homework on different areas.
With the tax breaks in Texas, I would return there and suffer the humidity in Houston gladly IF I had to pay no property taxes. What a deal! My only fear is they will go up again, and have done some homework on the net on this but can find only that the Mayor threatened it (nothing about it has been done to make people start paying property taxes again yet).
I am going to assume there are safe areas where I can buy a home for under $150K in Stafford as your parents are there.
Anything on the tax situation you can gleen from your parents would be so appreciated.
Thank you for offering.
PM me or post your information, whichever you are more comfortable with. Again, I am grateful for the help...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston