Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 AM

86 posts, read 115,937 times

Advertisements

Hi, thanks for all the valuable information here..
I have a question on how to find out noise reports (if there is one) here in houston. Specially, there is this really loud motocycle on winrock blvd between san felipe and woodway everyday, once at 6;15, and the latest around 11pm. It's quite loud that it feels like my floor is shocked by a subwoofer. I want to report it but would like to check whether there is already other reports already.

Another thing is I am thinking of moving (yes, this motocycle dude is part of the reason) to Braeswood Blvd. That road seems very big and am wondering if cars are very loud there as well.

i know this may sound petty, but I have a young infant and he gets startled whenever this rider passes by. Any info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 AM

567 posts, read 1,614,105 times
This happens once or twice a day? If so, I wouldn't worry about something like that. It's just a beauty of living in a city. My neighbors make noise on occasion, but it's not constant. So I just deal with it for 5 minutes a day or so and live on. If you find this guy and confront him, what may end up happening is that he will make even more noise and go out of his (or her) way to annoy you more. Is this worth additional aggravation?

Oh, and if you move to a busier street, you will be guaranteed more noise. You may add trucks, etc... to the list of things that bother you.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,794,086 times
Loud pipes save lives.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:01 PM

18,044 posts, read 25,090,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Loud pipes save lives.
that's as dumb as saying "Loud bass save lives"

Old 03-04-2013, 01:28 PM

68 posts, read 221,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
You might want to look into why that statement originated before calling it dumb... with how preoccupied cagers are with their cellphones, the coffee in their hand, the pretty colors in the sky, i.e. any number of distractions, motorcycles need as many ways as they can get to get a distracted driver's attention. I've seen the quick flick of a throttle nd the rumble of the exhaust get the attention of someone faster than a horn. So yes, loud pipes can save lives.

To the OP, if you happen to know who the rider is it never hurts to nicely asking them if the can do something and mention the baby. Motorcycle riders are just like any other group of people with some good and some bad and you never know if you don't ask...

Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,766,133 times
And boom goes to dynamite. You had to do it didn't ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

Old 03-04-2013, 07:16 PM

1,835 posts, read 3,245,082 times
Loud motorcycles are obnoxious, regardless of whether or not the pipes "save lives".

Old 03-04-2013, 07:28 PM

178 posts, read 376,988 times
This is Texas. Not only are we gonna keep our guns, were gonna keep our loud vehicles too. It may just be better if your child toughens up and learns to enjoy the sound of nice pipes now so he/she won't be such a sissy as they grow older which will lead to them driving an electric car or something, which is more of a headache to look at than listening to some tail pipes

Old 03-04-2013, 08:49 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,644,607 times
Loud motorcycles...just like those old Hondas and Toyotas that illegal undesirables fix up and put loud new mufflers on and then ride around their disgusting third world post-apocalyptic neighborhoods and smoke drugs inside.

Loud vehicles are only acceptable if they are large, throbbing, masculine trucks that were made in America.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:05 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,399,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ry1an3 View Post
This is Texas. Not only are we gonna keep our guns, were gonna keep our loud vehicles too. It may just be better if your child toughens up and learns to enjoy the sound of nice pipes now so he/she won't be such a sissy as they grow older which will lead to them driving an electric car or something, which is more of a headache to look at than listening to some tail pipes
Sounds like a redneck statement if there ever was one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston