Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:58 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,138,933 times

Advertisements

Bondi88 - I lived in Walden on Lake Houston prior to living in Eagle Springs. Here is what I can say about it: It was an okay neighborhood for us.

When we first started looking to build our first house, Summerwood and Walden both had the same builder/floor plan that we wanted. Summerwood's base price of that floor plan was $20,000 higher than Walden's. So due to being first time home buyers - we went with Walden. At that time I was nearly pregnant with our first child. We lived in that house for 4.5 years before moving.

While we lived there, I saw the neighborhood go downhill. Cheaper builders came in. Once I had the baby, things that I didn't really notice before really began to grate on my last nerve - enough to make me move. No sidewalks was a BIG one for me. Kids driving around the neighborhood on golf carts was another. The HOA fees seemed high for what you got (I pay less in Eagle Springs and have way more amenities). I didn't like that the houses were on the main roads, and cars would zoom up and down the streets - and then there are no sidewalks, so this was an issue when walking the dog and baby.

BUT...there were some positives too. I loved my neighbors. We lived on a nice quiet street just off the lake. We would have block parties, etc. The golf course is nice. And I loved that houses weren't cookie cutter.

We've lived in Eagle Springs now for 3 years. I can't tell you how much MORE I love Eagle Springs!! Yes, it's definitely kid and family centered. But there are many older people who live here as well. And there are some CUTE houses here that I think are perfect for single people/older couples. The neighborhood itself is just always going. I always see people running/walking/walking their dogs/biking etc every time I'm out. They have activities for the community all the time. I just feel the quality of life (for everyone no matter if you are a single person, young couple, older couple, family, whatever) is better.

Now if you are a single person who loves golfing...then Walden might be perfect for you. It wasn't for us. But you have to go through each community yourself and figure out which one gives you that "I'm Home" feeling. I got that immediately the first time I ever drove through ES. I like Summerwood a lot as well, but it just doesn't give me that "I'm Home" vibe like ES does.

And for what it's worth - my next door neighbors are an older couple who have grown kids who live in Minnesota. And my neighbors directly across from me are empty nesters now as their youngest child is now in college in San Antonio. I love visiting with them as much as anyone! And we all look out for each other.

I have no idea what your budget is, but something like this listing is what I think would be perfect for a single person, or older couple. 17255 Pecos Park Ln, Humble, TX 77346 - HAR.com or one like this - this is a great little neighborhood in Eagle Springs 12219 Sunlight Peak Lane, Humble, TX 77346 - HAR.com and this is a little great neighborhood too 12219 Sunlight Peak Lane, Humble, TX 77346 - HAR.com

All I'm saying is - don't discount ES or Summerwood before you really drive through them and get a feel for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 06:51 PM

53 posts, read 98,467 times
Ihafer
Thanks for the information. Eagle Springs does sound like a nice community, and the few houses you pointed to are fair bit less expensive than the ones I've seen on surfing around in the houses for sale websites. Thanks, will do some more exploring along those lines.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:46 AM

27 posts, read 57,293 times
Took a fresh look at Eagle Springs online since I haven't been over there since it was first being built. Wow, it sure has grown and I can see that they are building alot of the one story homes on smaller lots. It looks like they are trying to accomodate families at all stages of life. Is it as safe as it looks???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston