Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2013, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,378 times

Advertisements

In Texas, a buyer hires an inspector and the buyer backs out of the contract because of the outcome of the inspection. The seller resolves all major issues listed on the inspection report and hires his own inspection. The question is does the seller have to provide the first inspection report along with the sellers discloser or will the second inspection report be acceptable according to Texas real estate law?

Richard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 12:05 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,052,476 times
Yes, you have to include all inspections in your possession. If you fixed the major issues, then it shouldn't be a problem.

For future reference, you can tell your agent not to accept any inspection reports, only a list of the issues that need addressing.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:20 AM

2 posts, read 2,378 times
On the bottom of the buyers inspection the report it states that's its confidential strictly to the buyers that hired him. Does this prevent me from distributing without the inspectors consent?

Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 PM

10 posts, read 16,018 times
I have a question regarding Texas real estate law and Seller's Disclosures. I purchased a pier and beam home a few months ago. I had the home inspected and even got a FHA loan on the property. The Seller did not indicate foundation problems with the home and the Inspection Report came back all rosey; however, within two months of my purchase, one of the exterior doors would not shut. I had to have work done, and it has become clear that the Seller lied on the disclosure. Am I stuck with the house if I cannot afford an attorney to represent me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston