Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 07:35 AM

4 posts, read 5,736 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, my husband has gotten transferred to houston from austin and we have to select and rent an apartment by this month's end. his office is located in the zip code 77072 (s dairy ashford street). We are looking to rent an apartment (budget 1200$/month), 2 bed 2 bath or more (preferably newer ones). After a lot of search, i have gathered sugarland, pearland, katy, etc are good choices if i wanna live near south east asian/ indian community. Husband doesnt mind commuting for 20 min or so daily. I was looking for suggestions from everyone here regarding which apartment community will suit best in my case as far as safety, living close to desi community, newer built property etc are concerned. If newer ones are not available, it is completely ok. As we are really short on time, having a tough time picking and choosing. Would really appreciate any help here. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 05:25 PM

292 posts, read 1,066,317 times
Check where I work..We are not new but we maintain our property extremely well.
We are located in Katy, easy access on and off IH10/Mason area.
Apartments In Katy TX|Katy Apartments|Vineyards Luxury Apartment Homes
How soon are you looking to move?
Jodie

Old 03-10-2013, 05:43 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,190,508 times
Google "apartment locator Sugar Land". Free service. Pearland is too far from 77072 - but Sugar Land fits.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:37 PM

188 posts, read 349,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by priya03 View Post
Hi everyone, my husband has gotten transferred to houston from austin and we have to select and rent an apartment by this month's end. his office is located in the zip code 77072 (s dairy ashford street). We are looking to rent an apartment (budget 1200$/month), 2 bed 2 bath or more (preferably newer ones). After a lot of search, i have gathered sugarland, pearland, katy, etc are good choices if i wanna live near south east asian/ indian community. Husband doesnt mind commuting for 20 min or so daily. I was looking for suggestions from everyone here regarding which apartment community will suit best in my case as far as safety, living close to desi community, newer built property etc are concerned. If newer ones are not available, it is completely ok. As we are really short on time, having a tough time picking and choosing. Would really appreciate any help here. thanks

Check for foundations at Austin pkwy in sugar land. I heard a lot of desi community there. It is in a safe area very near to all amenities, zoned to all exemplary schools. One of my Indian friend lived there before she bought her house.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:52 PM

thanx everyone for the replies…ill try the searches suggested and see what works….

Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,896,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by priya03 View Post
I am not sure what the commute would be like, but there are apartments right behind the Sri Meenakshi Temple in Pearland. I have no idea what the rents are like, but it is a large Indian community and the temple is quite active.

Sri Meenakshi Temple Society - Home

There is also a large community of desis in Shadow Creek Ranch, but I suspect most of them own their homes rather than rent.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:59 PM

am zeroing in on apartment in stafford, texas..near BAPS Swaminarayan temple…anyone can help me as to how that area is for living with a kid and family….thanx!

Old 03-27-2013, 03:59 AM

9 posts, read 10,618 times
Default Looking for apptement located

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB001 View Post
Check where I work..We are not new but we maintain our property extremely well.
We are located in Katy, easy access on and off IH10/Mason area.
Apartments In Katy TX|Katy Apartments|Vineyards Luxury Apartment Homes
How soon are you looking to move?
Jodie

Hello,

I have see your forum dicusion for Location app,I'm so interested,now I live in french and

I have plan to visit Houston for 3 weeks on May 2013 and then we move to there with my family and I looking for apptement near by,but I don't know wherever next to cammuty asian like vietnam, Cambodian, so if you have one next to or if you know someone recommende me please!

this is my mail kimchenn@yahoo.com

thanks advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston