Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 11:54 AM

24 posts, read 63,634 times

Advertisements

This forum has been so helpful that I decided to create another thread about farmers markets...Thank you all!

I am considering moving to Houston. I wanted to get some information about Farmers Markets. I've read somewhere that Houston is known for its farmers markets. What are the best farmers markets in Houston? Is raw milk allowed for sale at a farmer's market?

Thank you!

Meta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 12:04 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,810,689 times
Urban Harvest - Urban Harvest Farmers Market

The one on Eastside is the best one. I believe they have raw milk.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:06 PM

385 posts, read 968,320 times
Houston doesn't really have any good farmers markets. At least not the few I've checked out.

And don't let anybody suggest the market behind canino's, as this is just food rejected from supermarkets.

Co-ops may be a better option.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 PM

24 posts, read 63,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebor79 View Post

And don't let anybody suggest the market behind canino's, as this is just food rejected from supermarkets.
What are those? They actually sell food rejected by the supermarkets?

Old 04-09-2013, 12:39 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,054,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebor79 View Post
Houston doesn't really have any good farmers markets. At least not the few I've checked out.

Co-ops may be a better option.
source from that please? because i see direct wholesale suppliers loading in the morning and fairly renowned chefs in houston have remarked about getting produce there. i have always been satisfied with what i bought

CSAs - co-ops are around houston though mostly in the city of houston. they serve "boxes" or predetermined goods that are typically local, organic and in season. you have limited choice in what is served in your box, but some of the biggers ones allow you to pick 2 or 3 "extras" to add

ones i have used are just produce

Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 PM

951 posts, read 1,453,483 times
This is the closest you will get for farmers market in Houston

I m very happy with it

Canino Produce Co. Houston's Farmers Market

At least everything is fresh maybe not organic but freshest I have ever seen in Houston

Old 04-11-2013, 07:21 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
We go to a Farmer's Market often in Greenway Plaza, the Urban Harvest one mentioned above. In fact, txdemo, if you've ever seen a guy that looks like Paul Rudd's much less attractive brother with a pretty Mexican lady, you've seen us there.

The Eastside market sounds intriguing. Farmer's market AND panderia after!

Old 04-12-2013, 07:22 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,810,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
We go to a Farmer's Market often in Greenway Plaza, the Urban Harvest one mentioned above. In fact, txdemo, if you've ever seen a guy that looks like Paul Rudd's much less attractive brother with a pretty Mexican lady, you've seen us there.

The Eastside market sounds intriguing. Farmer's market AND panderia after!
I'll be on the lookout for ya next time. They are starting to open on Sundays starting April 28th too. This is a true farmer's market with organic farmers, handmade soaps etc.

The Urban Harvest Farmer's Market is on Eastside at Richmond. Not to be confused with Canino's which is on the east side sort of. Canino's is great and the market behind it is fun as well.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:47 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,697,737 times
There are tons of Farmers markets in Houston. I know my mom regularly goes to one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston