U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 12:37 PM

399 posts, read 586,453 times

Advertisements

Searching for advice and personal experience on these schools please!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 02:21 PM

427 posts, read 887,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasroots77 View Post
Searching for advice and personal experience on these schools please!
Interesting comparison.

Duschene Academy and Second Baptist have high schools. Their lower and middle school kids obviously are well positioned to move into their high schools and their programs are fine.

Neither St. Francis Episcopal School nor River Oaks Baptist has high schools, so students have to leave after 8th grade. Many St. Francis students migrate to Episcopal High School, so their is a natural path for them.

Students from River Oaks Baptist disperse all over the city, including to St. John's and Kinkaid, so there is no normal path for ROBS students, but it is the most highly regarded K-8th grade program on your list.

You didn't ask about the high school implications of your choice, but it is an important factor, so I answered your question in that light.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:40 PM

CindyDavis, Thank you for your thoughts. Yes this important when considering a school for our daughter.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:42 PM

2,367 posts, read 4,411,655 times
I went to SBS for elementary bit. I also had many friends that went there. My public school put that place to shame. I would go over there sometimes and sit on tests. They were just so far behind us. My best friend transferred from my school to SBS his junior year. He said they were just really behind. Their science classes are a joke. I will say one thing I loved about SBS. Really hot girls. I also think Dr Ed Young is a sack of ****.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
I went to SBS for elementary bit. I also had many friends that went there. My public school put that place to shame. I would go over there sometimes and sit on tests. They were just so far behind us. My best friend transferred from my school to SBS his junior year. He said they were just really behind. Their science classes are a joke. I will say one thing I loved about SBS. Really hot girls. I also think Dr Ed Young is a sack of ****.
I have no allegiance to any of these schools, but it's obvious that you have some kind of grudge or resentment toward Second Baptist, especially given your last comment. Highly unlikely that you went over there from your public school to "sit [in] on tests".

Of course, I will leave it to the OP to take your comments for what they are worth, which isn't much.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyDavis View Post
I have no allegiance to any of these schools, but it's obvious that you have some kind of grudge or resentment toward Second Baptist, especially given your last comment. Highly unlikely that you went over there from your public school to "sit [in] on tests".

Of course, I will leave it to the OP to take your comments for what they are worth, which isn't much.
I don't really care one way or the other. And I did sit in on their physics class. I could do their physics test in about 5-10 minutes. Then the entire class cheated off of me. It was about on the level of the basic science class I took as a freshman. [Mod cut: rude]

Last edited by elnina; 04-30-2013 at 02:10 AM..

Old 04-29-2013, 06:00 AM

914 posts, read 1,668,802 times
I agree with what Cindy said. My daughter just completed the 8th grade at ROBS. We thought the school was fantastic. It is a bit stressful applying to high schools in 8th grade. My daughter is going to Kinkaid next year, but only two others in her class are going there. This year, the majority of ROBS graduates are going to Episcopal HS followed by St. John's and Strake. There are a few more going to various other schools such as Kinkaid, St. Agnes, St. Thomas Catholic, and St. Thomas Episcopal. A few go to public schools like Memorial and Lamar.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:39 PM

Thanks KatieKennedy. Congratulations on your daughters acceptance to Kinkaid. Any ROB graduates going to Second Baptist or Duchesne?

Old 04-29-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
I don't really care one way or the other. And I did sit in on their physics class. I could do their physics test in about 5-10 minutes. Then the entire class cheated off of me. It was about on the level of the basic science class I took as a freshman. My best friends went there and said it was a joke. [Mod cut: rude]
Yes.

The entire class cheated off of you. They probably lined up to get the answers, or perhaps you wrote them on the board. Of course, there was no teacher present in the room during the exam. And you could complete the test in 5 or 10 minutes. Naturally.

Why wouldn't everybody believe that.

Last edited by elnina; 04-30-2013 at 03:21 AM..

Old 04-29-2013, 08:06 PM

Not quite the entire class and not the entire test. I was taking AP physics at the time. And, yes they really are that far behind. [Mod cut: personal]

Last edited by elnina; 04-30-2013 at 02:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston