Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 11:09 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,756,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Talk View Post
Thanks for the express clarification - there was absolutely no reference to 'poverty' in your post. Sadly, people like jek74 are stereotypes.
Once again, you absolutely fail to read the title of the thread. We are not talking about Walmart and Dopo's comment is off topic. I understand why he said and I don't even disagree with it. But it simply is not the topic of this thread. We are specifically talking about the economics of the issue. Later in the thread race was brought up as it ALWAYS is on this dang board no matter what the topic. We can be talking about how hot Houston weather is and if the thread is long enough, race will enter the debate. I have been very consistent on this thread about my points. Dopo responded and admitted he had not read the thread and naturally assumed the thread was about racism from reading Str8talk's recent post. But this thread is NOT about racism. It's about poor people moving to the suburbs. It's even written at the top of the page for easy reference. The conversation we are "trying" to have are the reasons "why" poor people are moving to the suburbs and are there any similarities to historical reasons why people left the cities for the suburbs. As usual, I have stayed on point and on topic and provided hard facts to back up my argument. Where as our friend str8talk (ironic name given how much he ducks the topic) uses emotion, personal attacks and strawman to make his points.

Let me try this, is there any one else on this entire board who wants to take a stab at this? I just feel str8talk is personally spent and has outlived his usefulness in this discussion. I know he is going to come back and call me a racist and other various names with raw emotion and hatred. I'm going to try to avoid him as I try to with all unstable individuals. As a reminder, this thread is not about black people shopping at your local walmart. A fascinating topic I'm sure and perhaps deserves it's own thread. But this thread is about poor people leaving the city for the suburbs. If someone wants to discuss something other then that, can you please kindly start a NEW thread with the topic in the title and that discussion can be moved over there. I mean, that is how message boards are suppose to work in principle.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:30 AM

18,042 posts, read 25,061,271 times

Old 05-25-2013, 12:23 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,960,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'm not gonna read everything you guys have said...
but I thought it was clear in my post, the guy said that he is thinking about moving because he thinks/says that crime has increased where he lives (nothing wrong with that)
but then he went on to say that he is seeing more and more black people in the Walmart close to his house.

Actually, this is pretty much what he said
'I don't mean to be racist but everyday I see more black people at the Walmart by my house, my wife doesn't even go shopping there anymore, now she drives 10 miles to the other Walmart (instead of 1 mile)"
Since we are talking about somebody that nobody here knows, I can tell you that this is Walmart he was talking about.
This thread is so lost. I don't even remember who "he" is because those two crazies have taken over. I don't know about that Walmart but really if you live in the area you know that that side of 45 has been on the downhill for a number of years. Could be because of the minorities because there ARE a lot of black people moving and living over there and they aren't like the Banks or Cosbys and the black people undercover oh noes minorities moving in people mind living around.

Lord have mercy Jesus. Mods cut this thread because these two (who honestly sound like the same person) have hijacked like crazy. Y'all need to get along because from what I've skimmed in those nonsense, rambling dissertations you two are like peas and carrots. You sound the same. Lord help us all.

Str8Talk if the person you're arguing with makes no sense do some research because you're very new to CD Houston and this is why as you can see most/all in this thread have let you two hash it out because most stop when he starts talking. But honestly, as a bystander you both sound SO similar it's scary and I know I'm not alone in thinking that for a fact.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:25 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,217,690 times
I think it has become evident why straight talk/epignosis was denied the job in his/her other thread.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:03 PM

18,042 posts, read 25,061,271 times
This thread is like Congress
the 2 lunatics take over and ruin everything for everybody

Old 05-26-2013, 04:23 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,096,575 times
Does this thread have any basis or is it just an observation by the OP?

Old 05-26-2013, 04:31 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,960,668 times
Quote:
Now THAT is the most spot metaphor I've read in a good while.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:07 PM

70 posts, read 110,709 times
Quote:
I absolutely agree there !! Sometimes it takes fire to fight fire; A soldier to fight religious fanatics abroad; a strong will to live and a positive attitude to fight cancer; It takes someone who says, "enough is enough" to stand up to a bully; and in this case, one "lunatic" to place another lunatic in check. Well, at least one "lunatic" apologized to the forum [minus one], wonder where the other is?? However, well said!

Last edited by Str8Talk; 05-27-2013 at 12:22 PM..

Old 05-27-2013, 05:11 PM

61,111 posts, read 85,909,223 times
This thread is going nowhere.
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston