Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:55 PM

175 posts, read 367,501 times

Advertisements

I've asked this question before when I was living in a different location... trying again. Comcast drives me insane and I'm looking for another internet provider. I live around Briarhills (77077) and the only good provider seems to be Comcast. I have checked with AT&T and they cannot offer speeds as fast as Comcast in this area. I've checked with my neighbors (two of them, anyway), and they're also with Comcast. Are we stuck with this horrible company? Does anyone in this area know of any alternatives with comparable speed? Comcast customer service is getting on my last nerve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 08:17 PM

2,367 posts, read 4,695,537 times
All of the companies are horrible. ATT has just as many problems. Their customer service sucks too. Comcast recently doubled their internet speed. It was already faster than ATT. My parents have switched from Comcast to ATT and back to Comcast. Just grab your ankles.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:51 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronstew View Post
...Comcast drives me insane and I'm looking for another internet provider. I live around Briarhills (77077) and the only good provider seems to be Comcast. I have checked with AT&T and they cannot offer speeds as fast as Comcast in this area. I've checked with my neighbors (two of them, anyway), and they're also with Comcast.

What kind of problems are you having with Comcast? Are your neighbors having the same trouble?

Old 05-28-2013, 05:20 AM

23,975 posts, read 15,078,314 times
My across the street neighbor has been in a running battle with Comcast for 2 years. Billing and service. My backdoor neighbor has had extremely slow DSL for a long time. He has our wireless code for when it is like molasses. We are both with the same company on the same line and cannot understand the difference in speeds.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:44 AM

811 posts, read 1,556,752 times
We are with ATT. The speed is fast enough for me but I don't do a lot of downloading etc. We had a problem with the line 2 weeks ago and they were out the next morning. Can't complain at all (except for the outrageous cost of the whole bundle in general!)

Old 05-28-2013, 07:30 PM

Yes, I wish ATT were available in my area. We had a good experience with them when we lived in the Galleria area. They don't service my area. Problems with Comcast too many to number here. I could write a novella. Suffice it to say their customer service and billing system are horrendous beyond measure! I have issued a complaint through the Better Business Bureau, not that it will help much...

Old 05-28-2013, 08:14 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Sorry about whatever your problems are, bronstew. I've had Comcast for internet, phone and TV for many years and have no complaints at all -- great service, no problems with billing, wonderful customer service.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:46 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronstew View Post
I've asked this question before when I was living in a different location... trying again. Comcast drives me insane and I'm looking for another internet provider. I live around Briarhills (77077) and the only good provider seems to be Comcast. I have checked with AT&T and they cannot offer speeds as fast as Comcast in this area. I've checked with my neighbors (two of them, anyway), and they're also with Comcast. Are we stuck with this horrible company? Does anyone in this area know of any alternatives with comparable speed? Comcast customer service is getting on my last nerve.
I most certainly agree because Comcast drives me insane too. They suck bad. Real bad.
Here is what makes one want to pull all their hair out in total frustration:

Call their 800 number. You get over 20 prompts for personal information before you get to the menu. The menu goes like this:
If your screen is blue, press 3
If your screen is red, press 4
If your screen is black, press 5
If your screen has lines, press 6
If your screen has dots, press 7
If your screen shows a blue message, press 8
If your screen is fuzzy, press 9

The list continues on and on. And guess what. No matter what number you press, the same damn person answers the phone!!!! You are not being routed to any specific area or person. I believe this tactic is to frustrate the caller enough to hang up and give up thereby saving Comcast from hiring more Customer Service Reps. If you want to call them that.

Then when a human does come on with the deep Indian accent who's name is always John Smith, they ask for all the personal information that you already typed in your phone!!!!! At this point you just want to reach into the phone and rip their head off then shid down their neck!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one bill I despise paying each month. They are rapists.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:05 PM

Oh my word, that is the funniest rant on Comcast I have ever heard. Thanks for the chuckle! Glad you've had a good experience, TFW... so, so bizarre how experiences can vary so widely. Maybe they pick out a few people out of their customer base and actually provide them with good service just for sh*ts and giggles.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:32 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,573,598 times
Comcast Internet rules I am getting 55mb down 11.5mb up true speeds 7mb down 1.2mb up. Comcast cable a few problems with a few channels every now and then after 3 to 7 days to they fix them. Overall Comcast rules If you want to watch Astros and Rockets well then you must get Comcast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston