Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 09:44 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,622,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
If a white guy said something like that he'd get fired.

Kind of sad if you include strip clubs as a priority in a quality of life assessment.
Why would a white guy speak as a black NBA player?? Or let me get this straight you're saying if a white guy made a list for "top 5 cities for white guys" Why would anyone be offended by that unless one of his reasons were "ideal place for a white guy is a lack of miniorities" Other then would see no problem if it's not in a superior manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 10:31 AM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,718 times
Bird Man is from Iola, Texas..lol

Old 05-31-2013, 11:18 AM

725 posts, read 1,240,693 times
Quote:

Kind of sad if you include strip clubs as a priority in a quality of life assessment.
I think a lot of young men regardless of race or NBA status take strip clubs into account when considering a place.

In the case of NBA players (seeing as they're young AND have a lot of money), it's probably a higher priority.

Don't really see what's sad about it. Who cares?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:36 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
Quote:
Stereotypical as well...

Old 05-31-2013, 11:55 AM

288 posts, read 433,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
I think a lot of young men regardless of race or NBA status take strip clubs into account when considering a place.

In the case of NBA players (seeing as they're young AND have a lot of money), it's probably a higher priority.

Don't really see what's sad about it. Who cares?
I think baseball players take the cake in the marrying a stripper dpt. And thats the whitest sport here.

Jalen is obviously being silly about it. But with the amount of athletes that make Houston home, it isnt a surprise pro athletes like it here.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:14 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:

That's because there is too much P.C. crap in this country now. I'm black and if a white guy made a top five cites for white people I wouldn't give a damn. If they did it probably would go something like this.

Top five cities for white NBA players

1. Toronto
2.Portland
3. Minneapolis
4.Utah
5.Boston

Old 05-31-2013, 12:15 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
I think baseball players take the cake in the marrying a stripper dpt. And thats the whitest sport here.

Jalen is obviously being silly about it. But with the amount of athletes that make Houston home, it isnt a surprise pro athletes like it here.
Yeah I wouldn't take it too seriously, they were clowning around.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:29 PM

725 posts, read 1,240,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That's because there is too much P.C. crap in this country now. I'm black and if a white guy made a top five cites for white people I wouldn't give a damn. If they did it probably would go something like this.

1. Toronto
2.Portland
3. Minneapolis
4.Utah
5.Boston
LOL I'm black too and I agree, who cares if a white guy was to pick the top five NBA cities for white players? I could see Bill Simmons doing something like that on Grantland one day though.

Oh yeah by the way, I don't think Utah is on the top five of any professional athlete's list...

Old 05-31-2013, 02:33 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post

1. Toronto
2.Portland
3. Minneapolis
4.Utah
5.Boston
I'm white and I don't think I could even make a list this good lol.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:01 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,622,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
LOL I'm black too and I agree, who cares if a white guy was to pick the top five NBA cities for white players? I could see Bill Simmons doing something like that on Grantland one day though.

Oh yeah by the way, I don't think Utah is on the top five of any professional athlete's list...
Yeah replace the state of Utah with Denver. No offense lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston