U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 07:04 PM

189 posts, read 532,200 times

Advertisements

Need recommendation for custom home builder on your lot for a home in Richmond, TX. I was going to go with David Weekley but got turned off by the slow/unresponsive salesperson who is in charge of this process.

I heard of Coventry, Design Tech Home, Dunn & Stone... Who else is worth consider. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 07:39 AM

10,426 posts, read 47,132,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xecluded View Post
Need recommendation for custom home builder on your lot for a home in Richmond, TX. I was going to go with David Weekley but got turned off by the slow/unresponsive salesperson who is in charge of this process.

I heard of Coventry, Design Tech Home, Dunn & Stone... Who else is worth consider. Thanks.
David Weekly has very high ratings in every category. Either you are too fussy or the Sales Person you were dealing with was indeed sleeping on the job and dragging their feet. Hard to believe in this economy where Home Buyers are as rare as finding hundred dollar bills in the street.

Design Tech is a very good choice. That's a promise from someone who knows.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:51 AM

340 posts, read 743,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
David Weekly has very high ratings in every category. Either you are too fussy or the Sales Person you were dealing with was indeed sleeping on the job and dragging their feet. Hard to believe in this economy where Home Buyers are as rare as finding hundred dollar bills in the street.

I agree, I am on my second David Weekley house, while not build on your lot homes, they are still great homes.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:52 AM

1,739 posts, read 3,419,142 times
"Where Home Buyers are as rare as finding hundred dollar bills in the street."

I am not sure where you are coming from, but you are obviously not in touch with the market at this time. Inventory is at an all time low, many re-sale homes are going at or above list price. With that being said, there are a few good build-on-your lot builders out there. I don't know what your price range is but Tilson, Design Tech, and Trendmaker have good build on your lot program.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:58 AM

10,426 posts, read 47,132,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
"Where Home Buyers are as rare as finding hundred dollar bills in the street."

I am not sure where you are coming from, but you are obviously not in touch with the market at this time. Inventory is at an all time low, many re-sale homes are going at or above list price. With that being said, there are a few good build-on-your lot builders out there. I don't know what your price range is but Tilson, Design Tech, and Trendmaker have good build on your lot program.
You been listening to too much nightly news and possibly too much positive wishful thinking coming from Realtors mouths. But................like someone said in another similar thread, if lying to the public gets them buying again, then go for it. Buy people buy!!!!! Oops they can't. Banks are not lending and all those plentiful jobs the nightly news tells us about are service and retail which traditionally pay scab wages.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:07 PM

399 posts, read 558,383 times
Desertsun41 where do you get your information from? Homes all over the houston area and suburbs selling quickly. In estanblished areas homes have multiple offers within days. Really were are you getting that this is only the media and realtors??? As far as lending- lots of poeple are lending and at low rates. Yes you do need good credit, a job and money to buy but there are plenty of those poeple too.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:10 PM

1,739 posts, read 3,419,142 times
Quote:
You been listening to too much nightly news and possibly too much positive wishful thinking coming from Realtors mouths. But................like someone said in another similar thread, if lying to the public gets them buying again, then go for it. Buy people buy!!!!! Oops they can't. Banks are not lending and all those plentiful jobs the nightly news tells us about are service and retail which traditionally pay scab wages.

Actually, I work in the industry and am experiencing it first hand.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:49 AM

2,480 posts, read 6,484,586 times
I really like Partners In Building.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:47 PM

5,002 posts, read 5,793,197 times
Quote:
Hard to believe in this economy where Home Buyers are as rare as finding hundred dollar bills in the street.
Oh jeez, not again. We had this debate a few weeks ago in another thread. You kept insisting you were correct, even with every statistic against you, and with the forum running 99-1 against you.

Quote:
This will be my only post on this subject. Life's too short...

I am in the home building industry. Business is booming. It is at the best level in years. We are up 40% this year, and about 70% of our peak level (which was 2006).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xecluded View Post

I like Tilson (very reputable), Weekley, Trendmaker, PIB, Coventry. Not a fan of Design Tech. They build a good home, but they often have a "my way or highway" attitude.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 AM

1,835 posts, read 2,868,090 times
Quote:

I am building a home now, and several of the good builders are not taking new custom builds right now. Stated reason, lack of good contractors. They are on a wait. Many have a 3-4 month wait to start on your lot. I just bought 2 rentals and the resale market is also booming. Price of concrete, lumber, labor are all way up. I just sold my home, above asking in 5 hours...hours, not days.

If you are in the industry and not currently working, it's bc you suck, or your pricing is not competitive...not bc the market isn't there. Perhaps you should reflect on your skills/pricing bc the industry as a whole is exploding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston