Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 09:44 AM

705 posts, read 1,259,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donblackie View Post
LOL at evs. That place is a joke of a tuner. Can't even put on clear bra or detail a car correctly yet they want to install Twin Turbo kits for lamborghinis. They can mount and balance tires on swag wheels. That's where it starts and ends for them
Each shop specializes in something, I wouldn't take my car to the same place to do my tint and installl a turbo kit. And they're not a "tuner" shop, more cosmetics, and yes they specialize in wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRdad View Post
Well tell 'these guys you know' to not got there too frequently because they're making the parking lot look good or safe enough for some who is not into gangbanger-types. I personally only see the same cars upfront where the sprinklers are. Customer cars are at the backside, unless the car is being made accessible to buyers.
So tell me why do people bring their sportscars over here then? and why do they travel so far to leave their cars in Alief?
clear bra? thats swag
They will ocassionally have cars for sale and will park them in the front, but they also park customer cars in front especially if its a "higher" end car.

Belliare is pretty safe, I've never felt scared or in fear when I'm shopping or eating there. Bissonnet and Beechnut are different stories...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 11:46 AM

226 posts, read 310,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Club Creek Drive, from Beechnut to Bissonnet, is a cesspool. I receive daily emails listing reported crimes in that area and wonder how people can live there. And I suffered an attempted carjacking close to there a few years ago (described in post 13 in the below link). Fortunately, I live on a quiet street far enough away from there that I dont have to worry, too much, about the crime element that inhabits those apartments.

//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...l#post12288833

Read your story, and i have to say I found it a little unsettling, since I go through that intersection every day. Now I do know that crime can happen anywhere, as I get daily updates from my community association of area crimes against people and property.

What I'm wondering is, which is a "safer" street, Synott or Dairy Ashford? I live just off DA north of Westheimer and work just off Eldridge Rd. in Sugar Land. So my commute is a straight shot south. I usually take DA down to Bissonnet in the AM to avoid the monster school zone on Synott, and I've never felt unsafe on either street, but I'm wondering now if one is any better than the other when I have to travel it after dark. Any thoughts?

Old 12-10-2013, 01:55 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,017,815 times
If you are just driving, you'll be fine on those streets. Don't get out, or shop in the nearby areas after dark.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:05 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,549,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiovo View Post

They will ocassionally have cars for sale and will park them in the front, but they also park customer cars in front especially if its a "higher" end car.

Belliare is pretty safe, I've never felt scared or in fear when I'm shopping or eating there. Bissonnet and Beechnut are different stories...

So why sell upscale cars here? Good service might be their thing but why this place to show the cars for sale? Is it like most things that Nazi community rules are everywhere you cant even open a decent shop in other habitated parts of town? Miyagi of Miyagi Sushi is from SG but he said he couldnt setup a biz there so he setup in Alief

Bissonnet is pretty bad but way worse a couple of years ago. I only feel sorry for anyone to have spent their childhood over that side even in its glory days, as you can see a lot of them are just angry and scared of their old neighborhood. That is sad.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlibrarian View Post
[/b]

Read your story, and i have to say I found it a little unsettling, since I go through that intersection every day. Now I do know that crime can happen anywhere, as I get daily updates from my community association of area crimes against people and property.

What I'm wondering is, which is a "safer" street, Synott or Dairy Ashford? I live just off DA north of Westheimer and work just off Eldridge Rd. in Sugar Land. So my commute is a straight shot south. I usually take DA down to Bissonnet in the AM to avoid the monster school zone on Synott, and I've never felt unsafe on either street, but I'm wondering now if one is any better than the other when I have to travel it after dark. Any thoughts?
That 'accident' is a very common modus operandi. I remember some big news that happened in Cypress using this technique (on a white dude). So you really want to make sure youre in a safe spot if youre hit by a car with more than 1 person in it whereever you are, especially a 'cop car'
DA is my road to SG too and I worry abit at the Bissonnet intersection, just about as worried as when I drive thru highway 6 around that mall in sugarland where cops are actively serving speeding tickets. I'm just more alert I guess

Old 12-10-2013, 02:22 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Club Creek Drive, from Beechnut to Bissonnet, is a cesspool. I receive daily emails listing reported crimes in that area and wonder how people can live there. And I suffered an attempted carjacking close to there a few years ago (described in post 13 in the below link). Fortunately, I live on a quiet street far enough away from there that I dont have to worry, too much, about the crime element that inhabits those apartments.

//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...l#post12288833
Your balls are the size of grapefruits. Pretending to have a gun when you didn't? Salk dude.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46
Club Creek Drive, from Beechnut to Bissonnet, is a cesspool.
ummm thats not Alief

Old 12-10-2013, 04:30 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Your balls are the size of grapefruits. Pretending to have a gun when you didn't? Salk dude.

This grandma admits that she was dumb to do that. It was a gut reaction, though, and, as I said in that thread, next time it wont be a pretend-gun that's pointing at them.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:39 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRdad View Post
ummm thats not Alief
That is Alief. Sorry bro, you don't get to pick and choose which hoods fall under the Alief banner.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That is Alief. Sorry bro, you don't get to pick and choose which hoods fall under the Alief banner.
okidoki. so ok those are areas to stay away from. its no so bad that its even farther that where i'm at.
i didnt realized you ex-Alief people messed up so much. Which neighborhood are you messing up now? I see wives in Missouri City are getting killed. is this your new neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston