Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 02:11 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,233,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
I just saw on Channel 13 news the" Villages at Meyerland" has imposed a curfew on their residents. It is 10pm, and if they are found on their porch, they are given a warning. The second violation, they can be arrested.
You can't be arrested for things like this. You aren't violating a law. They can try to evict you, fine you, sue you or whatever. But you can't call the police and have people arrested for not following your rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 04:14 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassi1979 View Post
It's not about not being allowed to step outside to smoke a cig. It's about the constant rude and loud people that have no respect for the people around them. If you want to do drug deals, don't be retarded enough to do that crap outside for kids to possibly see. Also, if you cannot have a normal tone conversation with someone and you feel the need to let everyone in a block radius hear every word you are saying at 11:30 at night, then you are dumb enough to get caught and get arrested. It's Meyerland people, not the ghetto. If you want to act ghetto, then move to Belfort and Gessner.

Which is right down the street less than 5 minutes. This place knows the deal. They're thinking if you're on your porch SW people are coming to Meyerland to do deals with you.

Looking at the apartments this whole think is LOL Rent is pretty cheap and they look pretty crappy.

You'd think this place was the Chevel or something with this "curfew" like it's so upscale, Starbucks in the lobby. They know this place is 2 years from being ghetto.

People moving to Houston who seem to relocate yet are super stingy on rent you can get a 2 bed/1 bath for less than $800 a month. Come on down...but stay off the porch after 10.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:19 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,026,260 times
I watched it and could see why management has this in place.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:40 PM

298 posts, read 381,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassi1979 View Post
It's not about not being allowed to step outside to smoke a cig. It's about the constant rude and loud people that have no respect for the people around them. If you want to do drug deals, don't be retarded enough to do that crap outside for kids to possibly see. Also, if you cannot have a normal tone conversation with someone and you feel the need to let everyone in a block radius hear every word you are saying at 11:30 at night, then you are dumb enough to get caught and get arrested. It's Meyerland people, not the ghetto. If you want to act ghetto, then move to Belfort and Gessner.
If you think Renwick and Gulfton is Meyerland, then I may as well go ahead and tell you that I look like Brad Pitt and ask you what you are doing later.

You'd probably believe me.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Which is right down the street less than 5 minutes. This place knows the deal. They're thinking if you're on your porch SW people are coming to Meyerland to do deals with you.

Looking at the apartments this whole think is LOL Rent is pretty cheap and they look pretty crappy.

You'd think this place was the Chevel or something with this "curfew" like it's so upscale, Starbucks in the lobby. They know this place is 2 years from being ghetto.

People moving to Houston who seem to relocate yet are super stingy on rent you can get a 2 bed/1 bath for less than $800 a month. Come on down...but stay off the porch after 10.
houses in that area start in the high 300s - 400,000 and are on the upswing. the apartment management is probably trying to match the appeal of the neighborhood without spending the money to renovate the building. far from ghetto. i'd imagine, if they havent already, rent prices there are going to tick up quite a bit from what they are

Old 06-18-2013, 07:14 PM

298 posts, read 381,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
houses in that area start in the high 300s - 400,000 and are on the upswing. the apartment management is probably trying to match the appeal of the neighborhood without spending the money to renovate the building. far from ghetto. i'd imagine, if they havent already, rent prices there are going to tick up quite a bit from what they are
Near Gulfton and Renwick? I find that hard to believe, although I must say it's been awhile since I've been in that area.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:57 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,808,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Near Gulfton and Renwick? I find that hard to believe, although I must say it's been awhile since I've been in that area.
It's actually at N. Braeswood and Chimney Rock right next to Belden's grocery store. I think Googles interneted it wrong.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:50 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
It's actually at N. Braeswood and Chimney Rock right next to Belden's grocery store. I think Googles interneted it wrong.
That's definitely not the Gulfton Ghetto area. Are they the nicest apartments? No, but they're not "ghetto' either. I used to have a friend that stayed in the Apartments across the street, In Nob Hill apartments. A lot of older people, jewish people stayed over there. But that was eight years ago, don' know how much it has changed.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:13 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
I just saw on Channel 13 news the" Villages at Meyerland" has imposed a curfew on their residents. It is 10pm, and if they are found on their porch, they are given a warning. The second violation, they can be arrested. According to the story, they are trying to curb drug activity. I'm all for curbing drug activity, but not at the expense of living in a free country. We do still live in a free country, right? BTW, it is for all residents, not just minors. I mean, that can't be legal.
There are rules to follow. You didn't think driving and voting were rights, did you? I hope now.

Hell, the neighborman downstairs had been out of town for a couple of weeks on a job and got back yesterday. I guess it's his niece and some chubby sister-in-law who were basically running party central until 1-2 am, which doesn't work since I get up around 3am. People hanging around standing up against my truck like it's their park bench and playing loud music.

Without digging it out of the cabinet behind me, I am pretty sure my lease calls for getting the hammer dropped on me if I am disturbing the peace.

So, Miss Party Central got a stern warning from management a few days back. U MAD? Don't be. I slept good for two nights straight...then not so much before my GRE exam this morning. I beat it, too.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:17 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That's definitely not the Gulfton Ghetto area. Are they the nicest apartments? No, but they're not "ghetto' either. I used to have a friend that stayed in the Apartments across the street, In Nob Hill apartments. A lot of older people, jewish people stayed over there. But that was eight years ago, don' know how much it has changed.

8 years changes a lot. 8 years ago 1960 going towards 45 was still pretty "nice" then Katrina happened and it took a real bad nosedive. Not the sole reason but definitely a huge factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston