Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 PM

191 posts, read 350,739 times

Advertisements

Now that we are getting settled into our house, I'd like to get the kids involved in some sports or activities. Our oldest two boys are 5 and 3. I've noticed that many kids are involved with a swim club in the various neighborhoods in Memorial area. What are some other activities that are popular in this area? Is there Little League baseball, soccer leagues, or some other sports? Where might one find more info? I've gotten the boys their own set of golf clubs and we go out to the range some, but I'd also like them to start some team activities. Thanks for any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 11:24 PM

175 posts, read 367,479 times
I live in the same area. My oldest child is a 4-year-old boy. I also have a 1-year-old daughter. The Memorial Athletic Club is very popular in this area and a lot of kids are involved in activities there. Both my kids go to swimming classes there. It's a great gym with a wonderful community feeling, not like those big chain gyms, i.e. LA Fitness or Gold's. There's also Biron for gymnastics, but I'm guessing that's not what you're looking for. If you live in the Westchester/Nottingham neighborhood, there is a group for families and they'll have lots of info for you. If you need info on that group, pm me and I can forward the contact info for the woman who runs it.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:33 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times
Spring Branch Memorial Sports Association for the 5 year old here pretty soon.
Spring Branch - Memorial Sports Association :: Home

The Trotter YMCA on Augusta has great peewee stuff for the 3 year old. Just a 15 minute drive in.
Trotter Family YMCA | YMCA of Greater Houston
All the little kids move up to the Sbmsa teams together

You can join the little club on the corner of Kirkwood and Memorial for tennis.

I think the swim teams are just about done for the summer.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:58 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,769,968 times
As Easily Amused said, Spring Branch Memorial Sports association is wonderful for team sports. My son has played baseball and tackle football and it is wonderful. Might be able to get the 5 year old on a flag football team and fall t-ball too.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:58 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,695,017 times
I grew up in the Galleria area. I did almost all my sports through the YMCA on Augusta. There are fun trails to go hiking around in Memorial Park.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:06 PM

63 posts, read 174,163 times
Check out Houston Kid Stuff - Welcome to HoustonKidStuff.com. They have a specific area for Memorial/Spring Branch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: