Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:14 PM

392 posts, read 998,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Trayvon Martin is dead so we can't hear his side of the story you do realize that.

Zimmerman was minding his own business and Trayvon approached him? Zimmerman provoked the incident because he felt he was suspcious. Do you know what it's like to be black in a area dominated by white ppl and have somebody come up to you and question who you are and why are you here? I've had this happen several times minding my own business. The only difference is the racist I faced had no weapons.

911 told him not to do anything and he chose to be billy bad ass and murder trayvon. Why did Zimmerman get out of his car with a gun? Trayvon didn't grab him and drag him out the car.

The witnesses spoke about the incident after the initiation on Zimmerman's behalf. Because Zimmerman provoked Trayvon Trayvon felt like his life was in danger and had to protect his self. He's not hear to tell his side. How do we know he didn't see the gun?

Oh that's right he's dead. Is that what you all are about? Murdering young black men for being in your gated communities?
Yea you have no clue as to the specifics of this case, not going to waste my time dumbing it down and explaining how every preconceived notion you have about it is wrong.

Media gunna media, sheep gunna sheep

Last edited by Oildog; 07-16-2013 at 01:34 PM..

Old 07-16-2013, 01:15 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,707,379 times
Quote:
Zimmerman provoked the incident because he felt he was suspcious. Do you know what it's like to be black in a area dominated by white ppl and have somebody come up to you and question who you are and why are you here? I've had this happen several times minding my own business. The only difference is the racist I faced had no weapons.
Zimmerman isn't white.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:18 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
Zimmerman isn't white.
Ok, that's just cheating.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:19 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,623,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
Zimmerman isn't white.
Who said he was white? Or can't you read? Do you know what a bi-racial person means? Do you know that 2 ppl of different races can create a child? Have you ever heard the term "white hispanic"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAtMe View Post
Yea you have no clue as to the specifics of this case, not going to waste my time dumbing it down and explaining how every preconceived notion you have about it is wrong.
You can't waste your time cuz you have no sound argument. You're prejudice blocks your logic.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:27 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAtMe View Post
lold hard at stalked and murdered, did you even watch the trial? Listen to any of the witness testimony? Read any transcripts? I am guessing not, probably just watched/read the media talking points like everyone else that is still pissed off about this case.

Hell the prosecutors had to go on the attack on their own witnesses multiple times because their testimony was just solidifying the defenses (ZM) case.
In almost every other state in the country, this would not have been the case as Zimmerman would have been tried for vigilantism instead. It doesn't matter if the dispatcher was an officer of the law or not.

I can't think of many other states other than Texas and Florida where he gets away with this completely free. That's the real issue to many of us.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Who said he was white? Or can't you read? Do you know what a bi-racial person means? Do you know that 2 ppl of different races can create a child? Have you ever heard the term "white hispanic"?

You can't waste your time cuz you have no sound argument. You're prejudice blocks your logic.

Sure buddy if that makes you sleep better at night.

How does it feel that talking heads on the TV who give 0 ****s about you have so much control over your emotions, thought process and every day life?

Btw I work for one of the best firms in the nation and get to discuss things like this with attorneys at the top of their field every day; not to mention I actually watched the majority of the trial live.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:33 PM

102 posts, read 212,223 times
I think the folks protesting (white, black, asian, indian, whoever) need to first think about what they're doing. Essentially, the lowest level of government (the Police) decided that after looking at Zimmerman and hearing his story, the man was not guilty and his self-defense argument stood up with them. Thus, they let him go.

Fast forward a little bit, the family and friends of Trayvon wanted justice for his "wrongful" death, so they demanded a fair trial by jury in which both sides, the prosecution and the defense picked and agreed to the all female jury. This same jury, after looking at all the evidence and hearing both sides of the story, ultimately and unanimously decided that Zimmerman is not guilty.

So now what do we have? Protests. So these people asked for a trial, and when it didn't go in their favor, they protest the verdict. How does this make sense at all??

And finally, did anyone else hear about the rally protest when O.J. Simpson was found not guilty? That was also inter-racial incident in which the persons dead were white. How come then people were celebrating when OJ was found not guilty??

Someone explain to me what's going on!!!

Old 07-16-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
In almost every other state in the country, this would not have been the case as Zimmerman would have been tried for vigilantism instead. It doesn't matter if the dispatcher was an officer of the law or not.

I can't think of many other states other than Texas and Florida where he gets away with this completely free. That's the real issue to many of us.
Wrong there are 24 states (that have the same laws as Texas & Florida, more that have it to a lesser degree)

Also TM had 4 minutes to get away/go home. Instead all the testimony and evidence points to he circled around and instigated the fight that cost him his life.

Gunshot residue shows that when he was killed his hoody was hanging forward about 4 inches off his chest indicating he was straddling GZ leaning forward over his body which was also corroborated by John Goode who was the witness with the best vantage point that said TM was on top of GZ ground and pounding him.

Visual aid for anyone who is not familiar with the term ground and pound

Following someone is not illegal, it is also not a reason to jump somebody.

Edit: Another interesting tidbit is that the detectives were ordered to challenge question him when they couldn't find any probable cause for an arrest. A tactic used to try to shake someones story and trip them up about what they have already said. Eventually they tried telling GZ that a camera had caught everything on tape to gauge his reaction, GZ was relieved and said something to the effect of thank god.

Last edited by ComeAtMe; 07-16-2013 at 02:11 PM..

Old 07-16-2013, 01:45 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Let's see here.

The FBI interviewed dozens of friends, family and coworkers (current and past) and found no evidence of racial bias in Zimmerman's past.

Zimmerman volunteered to participate in his neighborhood watch organization after neighborhood break-ins.

Zimmerman saw Martin at night and felt he was acting suspicious.

Zimmerman called 911 to report the activity and stated that a suspicious person who looked like he was on drugs was in his neighborhood and wanted the police to come.

Zimmerman followed Martin while the 911 operator asked several questions about where Martin was and what he was doing.

Zimmerman got out of the car.

The neighbor who lived in front of the house where the confrontation took place saw Zimmerman on the ground with Martin on top of him "MMA" style.

Zimmerman had a broken nose and several lacerations to the back of his head. Zimmerman had grass stains and mud on the back of his clothes.

Martin had a gunshot wound and bruised knuckles, but no other injuries.

The forensics expert stated that non of the physical evidence, including the gunshot wound, contradicts Zimmerman's story.

Those are the facts, and this facts draw a logical conclusion.

If you are chasing down someone to shoot them, you aren't going to wait until they have broken your nose and are on top of you pounding your head into the concrete.

Zimmerman didn't break any law by volunteering for the neighborhood watch, calling the police, following in his SUV or getting out of the SUV to follow Martin. None of that violated a single law.

There was evidence of a fight. Martin had no injuries consistent with being struck. Zimmerman had injuries consistent with being struck. Martin had bruised knuckles. The witness said Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him "MMA style".

Physically assaulting a person is against the law.

When you are being physically assaulted by someone who has broken your nose and is top of you hitting your head on the concrete, many people would be in fear for your life.

If you are being assaulted and in fear for your life, it is legal for you to defend yourself, and that includes shooting that person.

If Zimmerman had been convicted, it would have been a miscarriage of justice.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,550,583 times
Quote:
How can I tell someone who was stalked and murdered by a savage? That's what you support a stalker savage that takes the law into his own hands? If you condone I would like for you to come where I stay as im minding my own business and see how I respond to a stalker with intentions on killing me? Im legal in every way possible and will protect myself by any means if I catch you following me around in a car. Im not a teenager minding my own business. Im an adult
Here's what you do : Dress up like many of those suspects in police sketches - that wont be hard because this is mainstream fashion these days, but make sure you get 2X-3x size bigger to separate you from those that buy clothing that fit them (college level atleast). Then you try to stay in the dark, put on the hoodie, and walk around the back sides of other peoples houses. Then when someone who's seen the same polices sketches see you, act like you could be leaving a crime scene, Try it a few times until you get the right person's attention. If that doesn't work out to help you release you anger, try to look like a ninja next
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: