Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 PM

51 posts, read 215,290 times

Advertisements

My family will be moving to Katy at the end of 2013. I would like to enroll my child in a church preschool program starting in Fall 2014 (registration would be in Jan/Feb 2014). My child will be 2.5 years old in Fall 2014. I am a stay-at-home mom so the primary reason I am interested in enrolling my child would be to give her interaction with other people/children and prepare her for preschool/kindergarten down the road (and to have some fun away from home!). I'm open to the length/number of days for the program but was thinking of 2 half days per week. I'm looking at the church programs because we are a Christian family and the pricing of the programs are decent (specifically do not want to send my child to a "daycare" program where parents send their children because they need it for childcare reasons).

Any suggestions on which church preschools you would recommend for a 2.5 year old? Additionally, any comments on if those recommendations are realistic options given I have heard these church preschools often get filled out fast with long waiting lists. We live near Cinco Ranch in Katy so would appreciate suggestions within a 20 minute drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 05:43 AM

967 posts, read 2,610,311 times
The Learning Center (TLC) is a Mason & Westheimer Parkway in Cinco Ranch. It's at Living Word Lutheran Church.

My youngest went there for age 3-4, and we all really liked it. She's 9 now!

It had Tu/Th programs or M/W/F programs. While it did offer full time hours, preschool was 9-2.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:33 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,663,212 times
New Hope Child Development Center on Mason. My 3 kids went there, and we loved it.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:08 PM

61 posts, read 122,286 times
My son starts at Kingsland baptist church early childhood center in the fall. I've heard great things about the program! Their program (and most in the area) are really competitive. I got there at 4 in the morning and only got him a spot for one day a week. I've also heard good things about St. Peter's. They do a lottery, so you at least don't have to wait in line. I'd recommend picking out several and registering at all of them. Also, if you haven't found a church yet, you could take preschools into consideration when looking. Most offer priority to church members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston