Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 04:03 PM

339 posts, read 759,112 times

Advertisements

This may be a repeat, but good summary of planned communities in FB area especially for anyone new to the area or planning on moving:

http://www.fortbendcounty.org/fort_b...anuary2013.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 05:42 PM

27 posts, read 58,420 times
Thank you so much for sharing. My little family and I are relocating to Houston mid/end August, and i found that information very helpful.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:23 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,760,822 times
But what they're not telling you is the apartments they're trying to put right in middle of Riverstone or everywhere else.
I just build 3 years ago in Riverstone but I am ready to get out if I have to. Money and building another house from scratch is not an issue for me. Time will tell so I stick around and see how that develops

Old 07-22-2013, 09:44 PM

1,903 posts, read 3,201,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
But what they're not telling you is the apartments they're trying to put right in middle of Riverstone or everywhere else.
I just build 3 years ago in Riverstone but I am ready to get out if I have to. Money and building another house from scratch is not an issue for me. Time will tell so I stick around and see how that develops
What is going on there? Sugar Land is a city with zoning. First Colony, New Territory, and Telfair all have some existing or planned apartments, although they are a small portion of the overall developments. I would expect Riverstone to be similar unless they are building Section 8 or a lot of apartments relative to houses.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,760,822 times
600 units right by University & LJ Parkway right across from 2-10 Million houses. That's pretty screwed up if you ask me. When I moved in they never mentioned anything about apartments. All they said was about luxury town homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
What is going on there? Sugar Land is a city with zoning. First Colony, New Territory, and Telfair all have some existing or planned apartments, although they are a small portion of the overall developments. I would expect Riverstone to be similar unless they are building Section 8 or a lot of apartments relative to houses.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 PM

298 posts, read 379,787 times
Quote:
600 units right by University & LJ Parkway right across from 2-10 Million houses. That's pretty screwed up if you ask me. When I moved in they never mentioned anything about apartments. All they said was about luxury town homes
Maybe FBISD is running Sugar Land?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Maybe FBISD is running Sugar Land?
Sounds like the city of Houston and their no-zoning nonsense. You should not put apartments next to multimillion dollar homes. The apartments are much better suited near entrances to the MPC or as a buffer between the commercial/ retail and the higher density owner-occupied (patio homes or townhomes).

Old 07-22-2013, 10:36 PM

298 posts, read 379,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Sounds like the city of Houston and their no-zoning nonsense. You should not put apartments next to multimillion dollar homes. The apartments are much better suited near entrances to the MPC or as a buffer between the commercial/ retail and the higher density owner-occupied (patio homes or townhomes).
Yeah that too. Unless they are crazy expensive apartments like they are building by me in Midtown/Montrose, though. Maybe they are?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Yeah that too. Unless they are crazy expensive apartments like they are building by me in Midtown/Montrose, though. Maybe they are?
What renters would want to pay upscale inner-loop rents to live in River stone??

Old 07-23-2013, 08:24 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,196,885 times
Quote:
What do you think townhomes are? Medium density apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston