Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:56 AM

847 posts, read 1,751,193 times

Advertisements

the difference between roderick scott and zimmerman, is scott didn't have any type of wounds on him. the white teenager didn't punch him.....so he was arrested probably because the first responding officers didn't see "evidence" that he was in fear of his life....

zimmerman on the other hand had a bloody nose and head.... first responding officers saw that as "evidence" that he WAS in fear of his life which is why he shot TM. so they arrested him after the outcry, and i bet now those officers are saying " I told ya so".

Old 07-26-2013, 12:00 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,145,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Are you people out of your mind??? Zimmerman was a stranger dude following TM. Anyone in that situation would have felt threatened. I still don't believe TM just randomly attacked this guy. That makes no sense.

Zimmerman strikes me as one of those type of people who overstep their boundaries and attempt to take the law into their own hands. Instead of playing his part as a neighborhood watchmen; he tried to act like a cop.
We call this vigilantism.

I think while he has the law to back him up, and he was within his rights to carry a gun, he definitely acted as a vigilante in going further than he needed initially. Read: hero complex. I think that's why there's such divisiveness about this particular case.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:02 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelion_ms3 View Post
the difference between roderick scott and zimmerman, is scott didn't have any type of wounds on him. the white teenager didn't punch him.....so he was arrested probably because the first responding officers didn't see "evidence" that he was in fear of his life....

zimmerman on the other hand had a bloody nose and head.... first responding officers saw that as "evidence" that he WAS in fear of his life which is why he shot TM. so they arrested him after the outcry, and i bet now those officers are saying " I told ya so".
That means nothing. No one truly knows what Zimmerman could have done to lead to that ass whooping. That's like how in high school someone keeps picking on someone and the other person turns around and beat them up. The other clearly initiated the confrontation, but the other finished it and left the other scarred and bruised.

TM was approached by a strange man. That's what people keep forgetting. Zimmerman wasn't some cop or security guard. He approached and followed TM as some anonymous man who was armed. The fact that Zimmerman had his gun on him is suspicious enough, but people would rather paint TM as some criminal.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
We call this vigilantism.

I think while he has the law to back him up, and he was within his rights to carry a gun, he definitely acted as a vigilante in going further than he needed initially. Read: hero complex. I think that's why there's such divisiveness about this particular case.
Exactly. I never thought Zimmerman killed TM with intent. I do believe in the moment, he acted out of self-defense. However, the confrontation would have never happened had Zimmerman listened to the dispatcher. Call the cops and leave.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:17 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
Quote:
Exactly. I never thought Zimmerman killed TM with intent. I do believe in the moment, he acted out of self-defense. However, the confrontation would have never happened had Zimmerman listened to the dispatcher. Call the cops and leave.
yeah it seems that all of the GZ supporters on this thread are ignoring this important fact. Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten his head beat in if he hadn't approached him. He thought he was right just because his Daddy served as a judge and he could do whatever he wanted, including disregarding the dispatcher's instructions. If someone I didn't know came at me wrong at the end of the night, I'm going to be on the defense too.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:17 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Quote:
Nor if Travon had just gone home and told his folks someone was following him.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:18 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,419,236 times
Quote:
Agree completely.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:22 PM

847 posts, read 1,751,193 times
Quote:
That means nothing. No one truly knows what Zimmerman could have done to lead to that ass whooping. That's like how in high school someone keeps picking on someone and the other person turns around and beat them up. The other clearly initiated the confrontation, but the other finished it and left the other scarred and bruised.

TM was approached by a strange man. That's what people keep forgetting. Zimmerman wasn't some cop or security guard. He approached and followed TM as some anonymous man who was armed. The fact that Zimmerman had his gun on him is suspicious enough, but people would rather paint TM as some criminal.
i never said the cops KNEW what happened....but the evidence that was in front of them on that night was different in the two cases mentioned. (roderick scott and zimmerman).

i don't understand why GZ having his gun on his is suspicious enough....does he not have a CHL? if every person with a CHL is suspicious, then a lot of the Texas population is suspicious. [sarcarsm]

Old 07-26-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelion_ms3 View Post
i never said the cops KNEW what happened....but the evidence that was in front of them on that night was different in the two cases mentioned. (roderick scott and zimmerman).

i don't understand why GZ having his gun on his is suspicious enough....does he not have a CHL? if every person with a CHL is suspicious, then a lot of the Texas population is suspicious. [sarcarsm]
No, but if some strange guy was following you and had a gun on him. I'm sure you'd feel as threatened as TM felt.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Nor if Travon had just gone home and told his folks someone was following him.
Wtf??? How about Zimmerman act like he has some sense and not follow people. I'm not going to say what TM should have done because he was well within his rights to walk home. Zimmerman was the adult here. How about he should have acted like one instead of harassing some teen walking home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston