U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2013, 08:23 AM

66 posts, read 155,857 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I need recommendation in water softner system and sprinkler system in 3200 sqft house

We saw few water softner system ranging from 2400- 4000.
Please help us get the best one from ur experience

Also, if u ever have someone installed sprinkler system in ur front and backyard of ur house, please recommend someone who installs it and how much it cost

Thx in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 09:20 AM

156 posts, read 289,304 times
I know someone can install 6 zones of sprinkler systems with Hunters brand for $1500. I have not use him yet but my friends did.

Carlos: 832-309-0400
or Li: 832-818-3185

If you use them could you please let me know which one you use and how they are. I will install mine next month.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:02 AM

675 posts, read 1,305,749 times
If you search the threads, you will find topics on this. Here is one of them:Water Softener Recommendations

Old 07-27-2013, 01:23 PM

12 posts, read 14,951 times
I highly recommend Quality Home Products of TX. They always win excellence awards with the local BBB and Angie's list. 936-756-4999.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:28 PM

4,246 posts, read 11,247,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies105 View Post
I know someone can install 6 zones of sprinkler systems with Hunters brand for $1500. I have not use him yet but my friends did.

If you use them could you please let me know which one you use and how they are. I will install mine next month.

That seems to be "to good to be cheap"

Old 07-27-2013, 01:44 PM

210,264 posts, read 82,395,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudecrazy555 View Post
Hi,

I need recommendation in water softner system and sprinkler system in 3200 sqft house

We saw few water softner system ranging from 2400- 4000.
Please help us get the best one from ur experience

Also, if u ever have someone installed sprinkler system in ur front and backyard of ur house, please recommend someone who installs it and how much it cost

Thx in advance
You can save youself a pile of money and do it yourself. I'm a former certified irrigation contractor. One thing to check for is in some locales a permit is required and normally a home owner can pull it if they to the work. Guides are normally free from Rainbird, Hunter, Toro, and others. Two words of caution is where you install or hire it done, make sure all heads are of the same type on each zone and all heads are installed on a flex pipe. The flex pipe will prevent head breakage if ran over by a heavy lawnmower and sometimes even a heavy vehicle. I've had heavy dump trucks run over some I installed with no damage. Heads installed directly onto ridged PVC pipe are a breakage waiting to happen. One other word is to be sure to get head to head coverage so that their are no dry spots. Also check the nozzle flow rates to the precipitation is equal across the lawn. Spray heads normally put out about 3 times the rate of rotor heads and that is why you do not want them mixed on a valve. Soggy spots, dry spots. Shady contractors will mix rather than engineer a good system. People using city water and paying sewer tax will often in the long run spend a lot more on the water than the initial cost of well designed system. I've seen it so many times. Some contractors I could never compete with and didn't try. I was much more concerned about my good name and reputation in the business.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:56 PM

4,246 posts, read 11,247,756 times
Good lord your rep is off the charts.

We're not worthy, we're not worthy.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:14 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,319,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
You can save youself a pile of money and do it yourself. I'm a former certified irrigation contractor. One thing to check for is in some locales a permit is required and normally a home owner can pull it if they to the work. Guides are normally free from Rainbird, Hunter, Toro, and others. Two words of caution is where you install or hire it done, make sure all heads are of the same type on each zone and all heads are installed on a flex pipe. The flex pipe will prevent head breakage if ran over by a heavy lawnmower and sometimes even a heavy vehicle. I've had heavy dump trucks run over some I installed with no damage. Heads installed directly onto ridged PVC pipe are a breakage waiting to happen. One other word is to be sure to get head to head coverage so that their are no dry spots. Also check the nozzle flow rates to the precipitation is equal across the lawn. Spray heads normally put out about 3 times the rate of rotor heads and that is why you do not want them mixed on a valve. Soggy spots, dry spots. Shady contractors will mix rather than engineer a good system. People using city water and paying sewer tax will often in the long run spend a lot more on the water than the initial cost of well designed system. I've seen it so many times. Some contractors I could never compete with and didn't try. I was much more concerned about my good name and reputation in the business.
great info..

Old 02-25-2014, 06:21 AM

66 posts, read 155,857 times
Quote:

Did u install ur sprinkler system? Who did you end up using? Do you recommend them? Pls share ur exp

Old 04-26-2014, 07:31 AM

833 posts, read 1,686,680 times
Quote:

I called Carlos, he is installing my sprinkler system this weekend. I hope he does good work, his price has gone up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: