Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:40 AM

34 posts, read 54,832 times

Advertisements

The gas station shooting...

I don't understand. Didn't a lot of people protest for the law to be repealed?

Once she took her weapon out of the trunk she didn't "stand her ground" she advanced towards him and pretty much got in his face. She then fired a warning shot that struck the subject and wondered why he hit her?

I do believe that she had the right to pull out a weapon and use it because she felt threatened - especially if he had a knife in his hand. But if she felt so threatened about the knife then why did she get so close to him with the gun?

In other news... Quanell X is a joke. What do you guys think?

Woman speaks out about deadly shooting at gas station that was caught on surveillance video | abc13.com

Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
From my recall of the video, she took a few steps away from the car. She couldn't have easily lifted and fired pressed against the car. At no time did I see her more than ten feet from her car. I'd call that "standing her ground". She also didn't seem to be out to just shoot someone else she wouldn't have started off pointing it at the ground and then firing a warning at the ground. On the other hand, she reacted pretty coldly afterwards. If I had just shot someone in that situation, once they are down and not a threat, I'd have called 911 and waited around.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 AM

4 posts, read 20,631 times
Wow.
Looks like Quanell is supporting her. Why doesn't he have a "Justice for Lewis Daniel" sign?

Old 07-24-2013, 09:01 AM

847 posts, read 1,751,705 times
if she had the time to WALK away and get to her trunk, then i don't think she felt THAT threatened. if she felt threatened she should of either 1. gotten in her car until the gas was pumped, 2. grab the gun from the trunk and stay there, 3. go get gas at another gas station....don't walk up to the guy that has the "knife", which looks like an umbrella in the video. if anything, she should have been walking backwards if he was approaching her....i think she had plenty of opportunities to get out of that situation.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:04 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,257,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuykendall View Post

Once she took her weapon out of the trunk she didn't "stand her ground" she advanced towards him and pretty much got in his face. She then fired a warning shot that struck the subject and wondered why he hit her?

I do believe that she had the right to pull out a weapon and use it because she felt threatened - especially if he had a knife in his hand. But if she felt so threatened about the knife then why did she get so close to him with the gun?

Woman speaks out about deadly shooting at gas station that was caught on surveillance video | abc13.com
He came at her with a knife. There is not a duty to retreat. Same rules apply.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:17 AM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Yes, Quanell X is a joke and a hypocrat
But the people that support "Stand your ground" are also hypocrats because they didn't defend Trayvon Martin's right to "Stand his ground" when a guy with a gun was chasing him, even though the police told him to stop chasing him.

Who's the winner here?
The news media that benefits from stories about murder, r-pe, racial warfare, etc.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:23 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,130 times
Quote:

wow are you really trying to compare the two. one was a unarmed kid going home, the other was a man who constantly advanced on the woman

Second the only account we have of who started the fight is from Geroge zimmerman,, This video clealy shows the man was the agressor .

Third she made it know she was armed at which point the man continued to engage her, TM had no knowledge that GZ was armed when they cross path..

It is B.S attempts to lonk things like this that make it hard to take tread like this serious

Old 07-24-2013, 09:25 AM

847 posts, read 1,751,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
But the people that support "Stand your ground" are also hypocrats because they didn't defend Trayvon Martin's right to "Stand his ground" when a guy with a gun was chasing him, even though the police told him to stop chasing him.

Who's the winner here?
The news media that benefits from stories about murder, r-pe, racial warfare, etc.
1. did trayvon KNOW george had a gun?
yes? he should have called police instead of that female friend.
no? he should have just went home, and not circle back to confront george.
2. did the POLICE tell george to stop chasing him?
no, the DISPATCHER said they didn't need him doing that.....

Old 07-24-2013, 09:53 AM

298 posts, read 381,492 times
SYG laws will last until someone rich or "important" is killed. Once this happens, a lawyer will absolutely take such laws through the wringer constitutionally (they tend to be full of holes) and sue the brains out of several families.

You just watch.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:33 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

Who's the winner here?

you should familiarize yourself w/the facts from the trial, lots of massive fail in your post...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston