Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2007, 06:35 PM

3 posts, read 5,921 times

Advertisements

I am looking to make a job change to Pasadena. I have a stay at home mom and 4 kids (all under the age of 10). I have read all kinds of postings on here and yet to find a strong decision to lean toward. In my position I will be gone some nights so I want a safe place for my wife to be comfortable. My kids will be in Private school in Pasadena so I really need a comfortable place to call home. I will be renting for the first 6 mos. to a year then we will buy. Thanks for your imput!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 07:21 PM

156 posts, read 608,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by your_why View Post
I am looking to make a job change to Pasadena. I have a stay at home mom and 4 kids (all under the age of 10). I have read all kinds of postings on here and yet to find a strong decision to lean toward. In my position I will be gone some nights so I want a safe place for my wife to be comfortable. My kids will be in Private school in Pasadena so I really need a comfortable place to call home. I will be renting for the first 6 mos. to a year then we will buy. Thanks for your imput!
If you've already decided that your kids will be in private school in Pasadena, that really kind of limits your options doesn't it. Pearland, Friendswood, Clear Lake are all nice areas to live and call home and are relatively close to Pasadena. If I had to choose between these three areas, I'd probably choose Pearland. That area is growing exponentially and has alot of new homes and shopping going in.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,148,775 times
If the kids are going to school in Pasadena, then the nearest, safest place to live is Deer Park. Very good police department (not that they have a whole lot to do), lots of family and kids activities sponsored by the community or various churches, and responsive city services. Really a small town atmosphere. A lot of people may pan it because of the nearby industries, but I have never found them to be a problem.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM

8,891 posts, read 19,873,797 times
I would second Deer Park if you are working In Pasadena and the kids in school there. A co-worker who lived in a very nice and very exclusive part of Houston relocated to Deer Park because his wife was pastor of a church there. His teenage girls cried at the mere thought of moving there ... today the girls love it there and won't move elsewhere even though the wife has moved to a different church. He said the girls felt a sense of community that they didn't find in Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: