Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 08:26 PM

24 posts, read 100,127 times

Advertisements

Has anyone worked with this company?
What is your experience with them?

Any input is appreciated.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 09:15 PM

833 posts, read 1,886,305 times
Read the terms and make sure to review all the closing fees. That is where things differ from one company to another. $50 fee here on one thing vs a $500 fee from another lender adds up quick. Any lender I considered I asked for all their closing fees before they even got all my information to run my credit.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:19 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
I don't think they have a Texas location. Expect problems. Out of state mortgage companies have a difficult time with Texas.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:40 AM

Thanks for your replies.

Jtothemak: yes we are making sure of all closing costs, fees etc

Cheryjohns: I understand. Do they have problems even if they have license in TX? Can you explain a little more about this?

We need to decide soon so any thoughts will be of great help.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,265 times
Cooldiv,

I used them early this year, I had no problems with them. I refinanced my house in Cypress. All the process was online, except when it was time for closing. They send someone to your house at a pre agreed time for the closing. I hope this helps.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:15 PM

Thanks for your reply dreamtx.
It surely helps to know the entire process went smooth.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 AM

377 posts, read 1,346,067 times
I did refinance thru them last year. 15 yr mortgage on 2.75 with zero closing. (Eventually they sold it to Chase). Process was very smooth, though they were bombarded with applications that time as the rates were too low.

Now, my friend tried them to buy a second home and it stopped in the middle. I think , as Cherry Johns said, they may not be best to handle complicated matters as they are out of state, but normal owner occupied home buying and refinance should be smooth.

I personally prefer those online operations mainly because you do the app on their secured website and almost all conversation is thru email. That way, you have document of everything. When you send documents thru email , make sure that you send them a password protected zip file with a real big password. And when they send something back, INSIST them to send it protected with a BIG password. Not the typical 4 digits password.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:07 AM

249 posts, read 561,780 times
I've used them for 2 refis, both no closing costs, both simple and easy. I worked with Megan Schweiterman there, and would recommend her in a heartbeat. As someone else mentioned, they have a mobile notary come to you wherever you are to sign everything, so it's pretty painless. My first was sold to Chase, current one was sold to Franklin American.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:36 PM

Okay...So we went with Smarter mortgages and closed our home last month. Here is my review about them:

Excellent company, extremely easy to deal with, absolutely no issues with closing. Everything went on very smooth with them.
We are first time new home buyers so no experience with anything related to mortgages, our Mortgage Manager and other staff were extremely helpful in explaining everything to us.
They completed our loan application, processed our mortgage and we closed our home exactly within just 20 days, everything was done thru emails and phone calls. They also covered our entire closing costs.
Thanks a lot Smarter Mortgages.

I would recommend them to anyone without any reservation. If anyone is interested in getting more info, please PM me and I am more than happy to give the contact details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: