U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 08:04 AM

21 posts, read 40,252 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

First of all, thanks for all for your input, suggestions, comments, etc. They are all much appreciated!

This is the first time I'm ever encountering this issue so please educate me.

I'm renting in a 3 floor apartment complex (owned and managed by apartment owner) and live on the 2nd floor. I am having a dryer dilemma, I know that sound funny right... but it's very, very frustrating. Back in April, the owner purchased a new, stacked washer/dryer combo and it was working great until a few weeks later the dryer stated making noise. Called manufacturer, they came replaced motor and blower, no problem. Yeah right, this is where the frustration begins. So, I've been in a ping pong match with the manufacturer and they are insisting the washer/dryer combo is in working condition and that the problem is with the vent system. Mind you, there was no issue with dryer before motor and blower was replaced even before the unit was replaced and vent was cleaned. It's been mentioned by the different repairman that each unit "ideally" should have there own designated vent line. I have no knowledge of this so I asked if that was legal or not but they won't answer the question, they advised that I ask a inspector. I've tried to search online but was not successful in finding an answer. I'm hoping someone out there reading this that has the knowledge can educate me and maybe advise on how to get this issue resolved. The owners have been great, they are trying to resolve this but it's just frustrating.

Thanks for reading!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston