Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 03:28 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,549,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by key2thecity View Post
I SO loved this post! And I have to tell you why...

I live in a suburb - not on par with say, Cinco Ranch or Telfiar, but I love my area/neighborhood. I think suburbs are awesome, probably because of my inner city upbringing. My mom literally used to drive from downtown to Sugar Land just to look at the homes and dream. Kind of sad, but everyone needs something to aspire to. Anyway, now that I'm in a suburb, it's cool for me. And I think everyone should live where it works for them.

I get SO SICK of the labels put on less than stellar neighborhoods by the ridiculous people on these Houston boards. Everything is ghetto, or low class or crime riddled or something else when many of those people have either never lived there or they may have grown up there but all of a sudden they're too good for the place. The schools are awful, the "people of color" are (gasp!) not white. The ignorance shown on these boards sometimes, especially with regards to what community to live in, is appalling. I applaud the fact that although you're in a well-to-do tax bracket, you still maintain some common sense and simply "do you". Instead of doing and living where everyone thinks you should live.

I hope this post makes sense, I'm having trouble trying to tidy up all of my thoughts into this message because there's so much to say but it's probably not even worth saying on this board. Anyway, great post and kudos to you for living where you're comfortable and not where these people think you should or shouldn't be.
Well, thanks. I also built a very large (3 storey) wooden playhouse, kinda shaped like the white house. Goodluck getting that approved in other subdivisions or by 'concerned' homeowners
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 620 times
I hoped you finally move to Mission Bend. We got our home in 2017 and its one of the best decisions we have made. The whole area didn't flooded vs Katy got completely destroyed. And what's the point of having school rating 10 if they will be closed half the year because of natural disaster, plus Alif schools are awesome kids getting into Ivily schools. The crime in Mission Bend (if you go by the census) is manly because is a smaller area than any other one. But in 1 year I haven't seen a much peaceful environment than this one. And we lived first up close to the Woodlands, where we love it, but commute was very hard. Finding Mission Bend (after seeing dozens of houses all around south west I-10) was like a little part of woodlands with very old huge beautiful trees, closer to the city and a huge diversity. Which makes it more interesting since that's Houston all about!

Old 02-16-2018, 10:45 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,661,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simd View Post
I hoped you finally move to Mission Bend. We got our home in 2017 and its one of the best decisions we have made. The whole area didn't flooded vs Katy got completely destroyed. And what's the point of having school rating 10 if they will be closed half the year because of natural disaster, plus Alif schools are awesome kids getting into Ivily schools. The crime in Mission Bend (if you go by the census) is manly because is a smaller area than any other one. But in 1 year I haven't seen a much peaceful environment than this one. And we lived first up close to the Woodlands, where we love it, but commute was very hard. Finding Mission Bend (after seeing dozens of houses all around south west I-10) was like a little part of woodlands with very old huge beautiful trees, closer to the city and a huge diversity. Which makes it more interesting since that's Houston all about!
I volunteer at college fairs and have met some awesome kids from Alief ISD. But Ivily? You can’t be serious.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:09 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,914,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simd View Post
Decent trolling. 7/10, would read again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston