Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 08:15 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,550,016 times

Advertisements

I used to tell my wife whats going in and around houston thanks to C-D. but now she has more facebook friends in Cinco Ranch and hearing about more bad stuff going on than I can get from C-D. Are these typical/normal stuff you guys just ignore?

Mom: Man tried to grab girl outside of preschool in Cinco Ranch | Latest News - Home

Police: Cafeteria worker shot, killed by ex-husband at Katy ISD high school | Latest News - Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 08:41 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,760,314 times
No one likes to talk about crime in their hood on this site, most on the forum would even go as far as to say Houston area doesn't have a major crime problem lol. Funny that most people I've met in Houston would say otherwise.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:54 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Crime can happen anywhere. The burbs are a strong target, because many people work at far away jobs and think that it can't happen in their neighborhood. Is crime rampant in the burbs, no way.

I appreciate that my new neighborhood in Houston has 24 hour patrol by police officers paid by the homeowners fee. I have a phone number I can call, and they will be there in less than 5 minutes. I think we will see more neighborhoods doing this in the future.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:06 AM

498 posts, read 837,518 times
Both seem pretty random, unrelated. The first one happened at the bottom end of Cinco Ranch, just north of WPT, and the other one is starting to look like a domestic disturbance gone bad - and could have happened anywhere.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:21 AM

568 posts, read 1,129,097 times
I will agree in general. Crime here is getting worse. And just becoming more RANDOM!!!!

Old 09-13-2013, 10:42 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,493,997 times
Use Spotcrime. Amazing what kind of theft is going on in the outter burbs, no matter how "safest place in blah blah" they are promoted. Weird to see all the icons in areas outside the city limits, yet no one will admit it.

We have break ins, and always have. But the icons on Spotcrime seem to be on major streets. But when a house gets whacked around here, they call the news, the sherifff, CNN..whomever it takes to get action. But like poster Meyerlands,we have contracted constables always a few blocks away. Seems to deter a lot. Cosnstruction crime,with all the rebuilds, is rampant.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:42 AM

wasn't Sandy hook random?

We also have a more direct relationship with HPD, it seems this is part of the deal with having a gated community. We know that they're going to arrive in a few mins so people are less likely to hesitate to call in an incident or a 'person of interest'. I reported with a little hesitation a wife & ex arguing and getting physical. HPD arrived immediately and took away the ex. I also reported some neighbors too with their 'random' domestic issues and the police came immediately, I'm sure that would have escalated to domestic violence. It's just works best if you have a good system in place just in case.
Some school districts like where I live have their own police to make sure kids walks straight to school and back home. our ISD police is probably bigger than Katy's PD, so when theyre doing their rounds they cover a large area in force. A couple of times I was asked call them if I see kids roaming during school hours

Old 09-13-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
Decent, hard working people aren't allowed to have nice things or live in crime free areas. We keep moving westward to escape the crime riddled Obama-voter filth, and they keep following us. Now that the Katy area is expanding almost to Brookshire, we get to import their trash too. Might as well move to Columbus or Brenham and get it over with.
I've been to some part of Cinco ranch where I feel its the 'poor side'. Are these the people youre refering to? I do not think they got something special, even compared to my neighbors in the 'ghetto'. They look as decent and as hard working too, but not house poor

Have you guys thought about promoting (or not actively bashing) other cheaper areas(school districts)? Maybe just blindly guiding people to buy into your South Katy subdivision so your house appreciates eventually is actually contributing negatively

Old 09-13-2013, 12:16 PM

833 posts, read 1,886,018 times
Crime happens!

1. If you are thief where are going to steal nice stuff? A nice area, why do you want to steal junk from the hood?

2. Just because you have educated people with money does not mean a someone can't fly off the handle on his spouse.

3. Bad parenting still happens and teenagers still like to get into trouble.

4. People that work at low end jobs in the area such as retail ect still can bring there baggage with them.

5. ect ect

I feel safe in the burb, heck when I forget to close my garage sometime everything is still there then next morning. People over react way to much with a little crime, heck Alief would still be a nice area if people did not get scared running when low income housing came in.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:52 PM

504 posts, read 1,150,277 times
Time to move. Two incidents. I'm outta here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: