Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:04 AM

3 posts, read 5,797 times

Advertisements

Hey, my family moved here a few weeks ago and I'm looking for a bar where I can watch (and listen) to Skins games. A dedicated Redskins bar would be the best, if such a place exists, but I'll settle for a screen that plays the games. I live in the West U area but will commute to anywhere in the city. The hogs.net website pointed me to a bar called SRO but it appears to be closed. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 12:21 PM

52 posts, read 78,832 times
If you live in West U, I'm sure the closest and most convenient place to watch the game would be the Buffalo Wild Wings in Rice Village.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:25 PM

914 posts, read 1,833,223 times
One of my friends used to own a sports bar where the West U Buffalo Wild Wings is. Now he owns the building and is their landlord. He says BWW and most of the sports bars in town buy the NFL package so they can show any NFL game. He says just call the bar ahead of time and let them know you want to see the Skins game, and they can run it on one of their tvs. Of course, if the Texans are playing at the same time, all the tvs in the bar may be showing the Texans. There are a lot of RGIII fans in Houston because of his Baylor connections so you will probably have some company.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:36 PM

235 posts, read 360,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.butz View Post
Hey, my family moved here a few weeks ago and I'm looking for a bar where I can watch (and listen) to Skins games. A dedicated Redskins bar would be the best, if such a place exists, but I'll settle for a screen that plays the games. I live in the West U area but will commute to anywhere in the city. The hogs.net website pointed me to a bar called SRO but it appears to be closed. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Nick's Place on Westheimer might be your spot. Not a purely Skins crowd but some do tend to congregate there as I know some of the bartenders are Skins fans.

It's a dive but they have great pizza and cannolis. Basically an Italian sports bar like you would find in some areas of the North East (especially Jersey). It's a drive from you but definitely has more character than BW3.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:08 PM

171 posts, read 246,233 times
Almost every sports bar will carry the game. The problem will be listening to the commentary. You're going to need to find a place that has individual sound boxes or a tv in the booth with speaker volume controls.

Being a Skins fan, you can probably tune out the first half since RGIII doesn't get warmed up until halftime.

I live in West U as well, but I used to drive to meet my friends at Indigo Joe's on Eldridge. They had individual sound boxes.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,643 times
You may want to visit Lucky's Pub on Houston Ave, near Midtown.
2013, we averaged about 18 dedicated fans there, with 2 large screen TV's, upstairs with sound...!!!
Upstairs is dedicated for us
Now we have been discussing moving to another place but until then, you may wanna hang with us there.
We use to be there at SRO until it closed
Hopefully we will see you there

Old 08-08-2014, 09:09 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
In Washington?

Old 08-09-2014, 03:49 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,102 times
Why not watch it at home with the NFL package from Direct TV?

Old 09-04-2014, 02:28 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKennedy View Post
He says BWW and most of the sports bars in town buy the NFL package so they can show any NFL game.
I thought everybody knew that
All you have to do is walk in a BWW on a Sunday afternoon

Old 09-04-2014, 05:29 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
In Washington?
An Indian reservation? (or "Native American" reservation).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston