Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:54 AM

16 posts, read 28,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
While I also believe under the laws of Texas this man had every right to do what he did, I did see a new blurb about it and it showed the man who shot them. It pointed out that he felt horrible about having done it.

I would feel horrible as well. I have spoken to cops who have been totally justified in shooting someone but still feel horrible about it, needed counseling about it etc.

I used to work with one cop who hesitated too long in shooting this guy who was hopped up on drugs and he got a horrible beatdown because of it. The guy was all coked up and finally the cop was able to get out his gun and shoot him.

I don't think anyone wants to take a life, even when the person gives the shooter no choice. BUT it does have to be done sometimes. I know myself well enough to know that if I am ever put in that situation that I will be haunted by it the rest of my life, not just the shooting but the entire events leading up to it.
au contraire. there is no rational reason to feel bad. do you swat flies in your house? there is NO difference between killing a worthless punk who requests it than in swatting a fly, except that the fly doesn't deserve to die.
we're not talking about killing a REAL person. when there's garbage in your house, you take it out

Old 06-28-2008, 11:47 AM

213 posts, read 336,897 times
Default God bless Texas!

I pray God the supreme court never gets involved with something like this. Since they don't believe death is a suitable penalty for the non-human scum who rape children, I can just imagine their take on a suitable punishment for a scumbag burglar. Perhaps a week or two at a spa?

I think it's time to go out and get myself another firearm. Time to take back America, one law-abiding citizen at a time. Watch out scumbags...

Old 06-28-2008, 06:32 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjumbo View Post
au contraire. there is no rational reason to feel bad. do you swat flies in your house? there is NO difference between killing a worthless punk who requests it than in swatting a fly, except that the fly doesn't deserve to die.
we're not talking about killing a REAL person. when there's garbage in your house, you take it out
That might be true for you but I can't take any human life with impunity. The person trying to harm me, or break into my house may have little or no redeeming value as a human being however they are still someones child, someones parent etc. Its still human life. Just from an emotional point, I know it would deeply effect me, the entire trauma of it all would have me upset for a long time.

One time I woke up with a man standing over my husband and I in our apartment. I had no weapon nor did my husband, I woke up my husband as the man just stood there over us, my husband jumped up and chased him and the guy ran. I was literally off my head for at least a week.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:49 AM

16 posts, read 28,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
That might be true for you but I can't take any human life with impunity. The person trying to harm me, or break into my house may have little or no redeeming value as a human being however they are still someones child, someones parent etc. Its still human life. Just from an emotional point, I know it would deeply effect me, the entire trauma of it all would have me upset for a long time.

One time I woke up with a man standing over my husband and I in our apartment. I had no weapon nor did my husband, I woke up my husband as the man just stood there over us, my husband jumped up and chased him and the guy ran. I was literally off my head for at least a week.
well hon, there's a couple of major problems with that idea.
you have to remember that if you kill a punk breaking into your house, it was HIS choice to die, not yours. no thief's life is worth as much as a soup spoon in my kitchen drawer. i wear tshirts that say "happiness is a warm gun and a dead thief".
then, there is your civic duty, and caring about your neighbor. it's guaranteed that the punk your husband chased out of your room was in someone else's the next night. in all probability, some girl got raped. if you would have killed the punk then, you would have prevented future victims

Old 07-01-2008, 09:13 PM

8 posts, read 11,453 times
Default you know this is bulls..t

Did you hear this guy on 911? He was dying to shoot them. He is your typical native Texan, who thinks they own everything, who thinks they are God's gift to the US, who thinks they own the road, and yes....who thinks they can shoot and kill anyone. This guy paid good money for a good lawyer, we have all seen this before in Texas. It is not what you do as much as it is-how much money will you spend to afford it?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose77351 View Post
Did you hear this guy on 911? He was dying to shoot them. He is your typical native Texan, who thinks they own everything, who thinks they are God's gift to the US, who thinks they own the road, and yes....who thinks they can shoot and kill anyone. This guy paid good money for a good lawyer, we have all seen this before in Texas. It is not what you do as much as it is-how much money will you spend to afford it?
Sorry but I may not live in Texas anymore but I guess I'm your typical Texan as well.

I don't WANT to shoot someone but if I observe someone doing something that I know I can shoot for then you can be sure I will do just that.

What you heard in that mans voice was adrenaline going through his body. I went through something similar when I was living with a friend. I could hear someone trying to open a window, I called 911 and as I was talking on the cordless I could hear this person going to another window trying to break in. I went to my girlfriends room and got her gun and stood in the hall waiting to see which way he was going to come in the house. I had the gun raised and had every intention of shooting and would have been totally within my rights to do so. At times like that, adrenaline courses through your body so you can deal with whatever is going on.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:25 PM

759 posts, read 3,184,588 times
And you are perfectly ok with illegals breaking and stealing what you worked hard for? where do you live...Maybe I can rent a greyhound full of them and send then your way.

Quote:

Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 PM

213 posts, read 336,897 times
Quote:
Boy am I glad you're not my neighbor. Perhaps you should join the Supreme Court? I hear they're looking for more bleeding heart, anti-law-abiding citizen, criminal sympathizers. Just don't expect any help from any native Texan or otherwise law-abiding citizen when one of your dear little criminal friends decides it's time to break into your home or terrorize your family.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:36 PM

I don't care what race someone is. I'm not going to sort that out before I shoot someone.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:11 PM

8 posts, read 11,453 times
Yeah, but would you really do it? Do you have the money for a good lawyer? You all think things are great, but they aren't. You will see more and more of this **** because when the economy goes bad, the thieves are more at work. You are all so self assured, but what if you didn't have a job? I don't even need to work, live on the lake, and have it made. But, if my neighbors were getting robbed, and I saw it, was on the phone with 911, they told me not to go outside with my gun, I don't think I would have.
That is stretching the law. To shoot them in the back? Who are you to say that you would end someone's life, although they are not robbing you? You are all so pious. I hope you don't do the same thing in another state, you would not get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston