Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 11:00 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,683,018 times

Advertisements

I can't wait for this development to finally get built. Regent Square was put on hold due to the economy crashing. It is not slowly going up. It still blows my mind that they have not caught up with renter demand. It seems like there is just no end to it!

Long-term tenants displaced in trend to build high-end - Houston Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 11:12 AM

556 posts, read 1,083,703 times
my favorite part of the article. Somehow it's always our fault!

Quote:
But he did consider buying a home a couple of times. He had a chance to buy that townhouse with a leaky roof and recently he nearly bought a condo in River Oaks. He said he was turned off by pushy real-estate agents and super-competitive buyers

Old 09-26-2013, 11:47 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,158,249 times
@diggity - don't forget the super-competitive buyers.

Here's a newsflash for the guy - it's called the free market. The Chronicle's take on it appears to be that these renters are victims - yet the paper is full of ads of companies taking part in that free market. Rent goes up - bread goes up - everything goes up. Alert the media - oh, they are here.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,852,153 times
A huge apt complex is being built down the road on Dalls, next to the Whole Foods.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:03 PM

2,367 posts, read 4,683,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
A huge apt complex is being built down the road on Dalls, next to the Whole Foods.
Yea, I saw that monster. The largest in the area for sure. I still wonder what is going on with that lot across the street from there. I read it was going to be a cricket and soccer fields. It still sits there empty.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:14 PM

785 posts, read 1,231,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
Yea, I saw that monster. The largest in the area for sure. I still wonder what is going on with that lot across the street from there. I read it was going to be a cricket and soccer fields. It still sits there empty.
I heard it was going to be a new convention center.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:29 PM

6,271 posts, read 7,456,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crono_clone View Post
I heard it was going to be a new convention center.
You mean the one they're going to build after they get "The Dome" torn down ?

I dunno is under development of apartments better than over building ? How many times has overbuilding apartment complexes been blamed for the decline in a neighborhood in Houston ?

Its feast or famine, when it comes to the supply of apt's in Houston...

Last edited by Jack Lance; 09-26-2013 at 01:03 PM..

Old 09-26-2013, 01:26 PM

556 posts, read 1,083,703 times
Quote:
I dunno is under development of apartments better than over building ? How many times has overbuilding apartment complexes been blamed for the decline in a neighborhood in Houston ?
I really just think it depends on the natural strengths of an area. Gulfon went to crap with all of the aging apartments that were poorly managed, while 3 Fountains seemed to chug along just fine.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:55 PM

5,595 posts, read 4,891,824 times
We have had tremendous job growth over the last two to three years and not enough quality apartments yet provided. Rents and occupancies have skyrocketed. We are still in catch-up mode. Plus, more well-paid young professionals want to live in the urban core than ever (just living in a random complex on a suburban thoroughfare somewhere isn't as appealing as it was 30 years ago). So this building boom will continue for awhile, and it needs to.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:55 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,158,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
With very few exceptions, it usually is the decline. look what happened to Westchase, the Greenspoint area, the Gulfton Ghetto, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: