Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 01:55 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,536,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
snap! i thought you were smarter than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 04:06 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,122,235 times
Quote:
How about you consider the fact that the Republicans can't even decide what they want to do amongst themselves. At this point it's like talking to a brick wall. Everyone else is tired of the ploys. The whole "we tried to pass Obama's budget, but no one voted for it". Yah, because it wasn't a clean bill, just a complete symbolic vote. It's done. People are over that. This is what they're doing and obviously a lot of people like you don't understand politics.

It's like a 17 year-old wanting to ask her mom if she can go out to a club with a strange guy who's 5 years older than her and her mom's never met, and waiting for her mom to come to the dinner table to talk about it before she goes out. This is all symbolic and wreaks of a 17 year-old temper tantrum. It's not going to happen. Republicans need to figure out what they want to do and see if the Democrats will go with it because they control the upper house and the executive and wish for better luck (doubtful) in 2014. Like I said, they have no leverage and they're trying to use the American people. It's really sad. Period.

By the way, I'm totally okay with cutting some of the entitlements (and of course, military spending), but I can't wait to see how happy old people are when their Medicare benefits are cut.

Last edited by theSUBlime; 10-10-2013 at 04:54 PM..

Old 10-10-2013, 04:28 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,439,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
How about you consider the fact that the Republicans can't even decide what they want to do amongst themselves.
Yep, you have the Tea Party Republicans who are tired of the status quo and a $17 trillion debt, and then the status quo Republicans.

On the Democrat side, all you have is status quo.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:55 PM

18,041 posts, read 25,061,271 times
Quote:
How is "waiting at a table to negotiate" compromising their beliefs?
Are you saying that having a discussion about a problem goes against Republicans beliefs?

Who did you say are the stubborn ones?

Old 10-10-2013, 07:41 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,758,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
If she's a Republican, she's not very a good one.
Mary Cheney was a staffer on her father's campaign. She also married her long time partner and they have two children. I am not sure how she can stomach the republican position on gay marriage, but she supports her dad, I guess.
Mary Cheney married her long-time partner today: GOP congratulates, Left spews hate | Twitchy

Liz Cheney is running for the senate as a republican in Wyoming.
Liz Cheney Attacked For Not Being Anti-Gay Enough, Even Though She's 'Not Pro-Gay Marriage'

Old 10-10-2013, 10:07 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,536,167 times
Quote of the day : "Let's bomb Pearl Harbor and see what happens."

Old 10-11-2013, 06:41 AM

23,739 posts, read 14,840,115 times
I just wish they would all accept reality. Everybody was jumping up and down to go invade Iraq. " We'll be treated as heros, they'll be throwing flowers at out feet". It will be paid for with their oil revenue.

Those two ill conceived wars were off the books. Now it's time to pay and the R's act like it was a dream.

Instead of putting world into gawd knows what, just increase the debt limit. Saw the other day that 60% of USA citizens think that means increasing the amount one can borrow. It means paying for what you have already spent.

Is it their intention to use the debt limit to get what they want every 6 weeks. Pretty soon we are going to figure out nobody needs Congress. We can at least save all that overhead.

I am a suburban conservative who thinks the government has no place in anybody's private life.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:43 AM

18,041 posts, read 25,061,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Instead of putting world into gawd knows what, just increase the debt limit. Saw the other day that 60% of USA citizens think that means increasing the amount one can borrow. It means paying for what you have already spent.
Debt limit was raised 17 times under Ronald Reagan
it has been raised 3 times with Obama
I know .... facts have a liberal bias

Spoiler

Old 10-11-2013, 08:37 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,320,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Perry did not do jack squat for the economy of Texas, it was the energy sector that kept Texas afloat, along with the fact that there was never a housing bubble here in the first place.

Yeah, and he had nothing to do with that at ALL.

Who says there was never a housing bubble? Talk to people in SA and Austin about that.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:26 AM

2,271 posts, read 5,122,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Yeah, and he had nothing to do with that at ALL.

Who says there was never a housing bubble? Talk to people in SA and Austin about that.
Like I said, he did a lot of cheerleading, which is important.

It was pretty much concluded that there was no housing bubble in Austin and minimal in SA, especially when compared to the coasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston